D&D 5E Battle Master Fighter+Rogue

Zardnaar

Legend
Has anyone else seen this combo in action? On of my players has a Mastermind Rogue and the other a dex based BM Fighter.

Level 8 PCs
Seems nasty anyway. 1d8+8 damage vs 1d4+1d8 4d6+ 7 (+2 dagger) for the price of a superiority dice and a reaction.

I have know about this since 2014, a bit different seeing it in action though.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Had a battlemaster in our group that was always giving the rogue another attack, she was pretty deadly with her bow. Only seen in levels 3-5, but at those levels she was cutting down the enemy.

Sent from my SM-G925I using EN World mobile app

Zardnaar

Legend
Had a battlemaster in our group that was always giving the rogue another attack, she was pretty deadly with her bow. Only seen in levels 3-5, but at those levels she was cutting down the enemy.

Sent from my SM-G925I using EN World mobile app

The Rogue was using the bow?

We had Rogues who used to use bows a lot, now they get into melee as they deal a lot more damage.

My Battlemaster/Assassin is awesome. Two attacks, four with action surge, sneak attack, sharpshooter, superiority dice and crits on surprise. Can't complain.

Has anyone else seen this combo in action? On of my players has a Mastermind Rogue and the other a dex based BM Fighter.

Level 8 PCs
Seems nasty anyway. 1d8+8 damage vs 1d4+1d8 4d6+ 7 (+2 dagger) for the price of a superiority dice and a reaction.

I have know about this since 2014, a bit different seeing it in action though.

Get the rogue to dip fighter.

He stabs someone as his action. Then action surges (using the ready action) with an action to stab again once someone else completes their turn as its trigger.

Zardnaar

Legend
Get the rogue to dip fighter.

He stabs someone as his action. Then action surges (using the ready action) with an action to stab again once someone else completes their turn as its trigger.

Clever, we had orher uses for a fighter dip for dual wielding and going brutal rogue (stength based)

Clever, we had orher uses for a fighter dip for dual wielding and going brutal rogue (stength based)

b25.jpg

Personally I only allow sneak attack 'Once per turn, on your turn'.

Remove ads