• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Battle of Pyres -- Bag o Rats 4e?

loisel

First Post
Daily Divine, Implement, Radiant, Warpriest Attack 20
Close burst 5
Primary target: Each enemy in burst
Attack: Wisdom vs Will
Hit: 2d8+Wis mod damage, and ongoing 5 radiant (save ends). Make a secondary attack.
Secondary target: One creature taking ongoing radiant damage within 5 squares of you
Secondary attack: Wis vs Ref
Hit: 5d10+Wis mod
Sustain standard: Make the secondary attack in subsequent rounds as long as at least one of your primary targets is taking ongoing radiant damage.

I think they meant the secondary to proc only once, but I'm not sure that's what it says, as written. You may need some very tough rats in your bag to survive the primary attack.

Last edited:

Alkiera

First Post
Thats, ah... impressive. It does sound like the secondary attack goes off for every hit.

Who was it that said we weren't going to see Flamestrike in 4E?

Then again, Warpriest may be a more controller-leaning cleric PP.

Incenjucar

Legend
It sounds like you set a whole bunch of people on fire, and then you pick someone who is on fire, whether because of this or some other ability, and make the fire extra hot.

What's the issue?

Sojorn

First Post
What's the damage type on the power itself? Says radiant in the keywords and the targeting, but then there's no type listed in the actual damage on on-going.

Is that intentional?

loisel

First Post
Alkiera said:
Then again, Warpriest may be a more controller-leaning cleric PP.

LOL, I was looking at possible paragon classes for my ranger. Rangers are str/dex/wis, so I was gonna take multiclass cleric or multiclass rogue. Warpriest is an awesome paragon class for anyone. o_O

S. Loisel

loisel

First Post
Sojorn said:
What's the damage type on the power itself? Says radiant in the keywords and the targeting, but then there's no type listed in the actual damage on on-going.

Is that intentional?

My mistake. Now fixed.

Incenjucar

Legend
I still don't know what the issue is here.

This daily basically gets you two attacks. One is an AOE, another is a targeted attack. The targeted attack requires the target to be suffering from persistant Radiant damage, which the AOE may or may not land on them.

How is this bag of anything but awesome?

Sojorn

First Post
Heh, ok, another question then. What's up with the sustain action? What does that let you actually sustain? No part of that spell lasts until the end of your next turn.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads