• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Beanstalks

Black Pharaoh

First Post
Jack of Shadows said:
Hey,

Another great source that no one has mentioned is the Ex Machina RPG from Guardians of Order. It has an entire campaign setting based around a Beanstalk. Great information and read, I highly recommend it.

Jack

I second the material in Ex Machina. The section about the space elevator is very well done (as is the whole book)

Psion

Adventurer
I don't think PL6 is totally unreasonable. It's not that the theory isn't in place, because it is. More, it's a matter of industrial development. It would likely be one of the hugest construction projects ever. It would make the chunnel look like a new offramp.

The Edge

First Post
Laslo Tremaine said:
And, The Edge, you should check out the current thinking on the subject. It's not as fantastic as you might think...

Well, they do say, you learn something every day.

I was thinking of them in the wrong way, that an elevator would go inside a tube. I see it better now and it doesn't seem so absurd afterall. Well, if they think they can get on working in 15 years then I think the 600+ years in my world should be plenty of time. I think beanstalks will be makeing an apearence.

I didn't ask for the info but I'll say thanks.

Just got to make sure no giants climb down.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads