• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Because some time you just need to get an idea out of your head. Abra's Canned Dapper

ClaytonCross

Kinder reader Inflection wanted
Abra's Canned Dapper
7th-level Conjuration (ritual)
Casting time: 10 minutes

Range: 30 feet
Components: V, S, M (gold or gems of total value worth at least 1,500gp which the spell consumes and delivers as payment)
Duration: Instantaneous

You order can from Abra's Demi-plane shop. It appears on the ground in front of you as you finish the spell. You can open the can anytime in the next 24 hours to engage its effects, after that it goes bad and disintegrates into shimmering dust that seems to blow away in the wind even when there is not wind.

When opened the opener may select up to 8 creatures or beasts. All selected targets are immediately cleaned, feed, hydrated to a point that they are healthy for the day and in appearance also all of there gear is mended, cleaned, and shined as needed.

A lingering enchantment takes them and for the next 8 hours they are perfectly groomed, have an abnormally pleasant smell, all there clothes are altered to appear much finer and more elegant than they are as well as stylized as to be appropriate to a place or event chosen by the one who opened it, liquids or dirt that might soil dirty them falls off with no effect even if they lay in it, wounds and scars do not heal but become more stylish or cool looking, and they receive a +5 to all charisma skill checks and saving throws.

jaelis

Oh this is where the title goes?
Like the idea, but I'd remove the cha bonus, drop the level to 1, and drop the cost to maybe 5 gp. You could do the same by repeatedly casting prestidigitation throughout the day.

ClaytonCross

Kinder reader Inflection wanted
Like the idea, but I'd remove the cha bonus, drop the level to 1, and drop the cost to maybe 5 gp. You could do the same by repeatedly casting prestidigitation throughout the day.

It would actually take prestidigitation, mending, and create food and water on top of that the charisma bonus is a large part of the point. The whole Idea is to be better at negotiations as a group for high society events and an times where a group of rough looking travelers would normally be turned away at the door.

jaelis

Oh this is where the title goes?
If it's really about the cha boost, then maybe base it off enhance ability? A mass enhance ability might be level 4, the cleanup is maybe balanced by restricting to cha only.

Last edited:

OB1

Jedi Master
I like it, but given the level and cost, I'd consider adding one more thing. Perhaps the party also instantly gains the benefit of a short rest? If you add that, however, I think you would have to reduce the time limit on the can to 8 hours to prevent long rest shenanigans.

Also, I was assuming this would be on the Bard list but the ritual tag seems to indicate Wizard. What did you have in mind for that?

MarkB

Legend
Add the requirement of a command phrase to activate the item when you're ready to use it:

"I'm a Dapper Can man!"

Remove ads