• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Becoming a Polyglot

Darkwing Duck

First Post
Is there any other way for a Bard of Lore to learn new languages other than to take the Linguist feat?
That's an awfully high cost. If you take the feat a second time, then the only benefit it gives you is to learn languages 4, 5, and 6 and a +1 to Int.

AaronOfBarbaria

Adventurer
As [MENTION=6785902]Fralex[/MENTION] points out, there is a downtime learning process that can be done. You can find it on page 187 of the Player's Handbook.

I also would like to point out that without house-ruling otherwise, the Linguist feat can only be taken once as it's description does not say otherwise, and page 165 lists the general rule for how many times you can take a feat as "You can take each feat only once, unless the feat's description says otherwise."

mrpopstar

Sparkly Dude
I also would like to point out that without house-ruling otherwise, the Linguist feat can only be taken once as it's description does not say otherwise, and page 165 lists the general rule for how many times you can take a feat as "You can take each feat only once, unless the feat's description says otherwise."
Nice catch! I think I would have missed that one, myself.
:eek:

Remove ads