Becoming an overdeity

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
To the best of my knowledge, it is not possible to become an overdeity. The few overdeities that are known have always been, and likely will always be. There are no known cases of mortals or deities becoming overdeities.

There are some instances of overdeity-like beings being injured, threatened, or thwarted, but even these are extremely rare.

Lorgrom

First Post
The only way to become an Overdiety I can think of. Would be to create your own universe. Then accend all the other dieties.

kenobi65

First Post
Yeah...in the examples I can think of, the "overdeity" is the ultimate creator, responsible for the world (and the other deities) existing in the first place. It'd have to be insanely difficult, if not impossible, for one of the lesser deities to replace the overdeity in a particular universe.

Frankly, all the known overdeities created their entire universe (or at least their own world), so it's not exactly a job you can apply for.

Sometimes you have to realize there are some things you'll just never be able to do, like be the sole deity over all of all creation and all other deities.

Even if it would ever happen in a game, you'd have a DM who would allow it, and since the power of an overdeity is supreme and can do absolutely anything within their world/universe, it's not really suitable for a player character, even at a divine-level game, so no DM I could think of would ever allow it. After all, when you're so powerful you can will all your enemies everywhere out of existence with a thought, create hundreds of thousands of tons of treasure with a blink of the eye, create entire planets with a thought, or slay (or create) entire pantheons of gods with a wave of the hand, there isn't much point in actually playing that character.

Remove ads