Being sick is a pain!

DarrenGMiller

First Post
Normally I visit Enworld every day. Even during my busiest weeks, I visit most days, but this is the first time I have been here since last Saturday. I had a little indigestion that day and gamed on Sunday (since I had to work Monday night), but by Sunday afternoon, I was feeling awful. We gamed aynway, but during breaks I curled up on the couch. It was rough DM'ing. After everybody left, I went to bed. Moments later I was violently sick and stayed that way the rest of Sunday night. Monday night I had a fever over 100 for most of the night and alternated chills and sweat. I haven't been able to eat much since Saturday and have only had a few small meals since then. My stomach still hurts.

Sorry for the details, I just needed to share.

DM

IronWolf

blank
Yeah, being sick is no fun! I was sick for a couple of days earlier this week, I think I dragged it home from Gen Con. Fever was 101 and had the same sweats and chills things. Just enough to make things a little uncomfortable. Hope you are feeling better now!

That sucks. I hate being sick.

So.... today is Saturday. Are you saying you've had this illness for over a week now? If so, I'd suggest you see a doctor.

I was just complaining about not feeling well, myself. I've got a sore throat, cough, and I'm incredibly congested. I pretty much feel like crap... and yet, in moments, my game group should be arriving at our apartment... luckily, it is my apartment and if I start to feel too sick to go on, I can just curl up in my bed.

Hoping you get better, wolf!! :)

Agamon

Adventurer
Last time I was ill, a line from Papa Roach's "Be Free" kept going through my head:

"I'm so sick and tired of being sick and tired."

Get well soon!

ssampier

First Post
Get well! Get Well! Get Well Soon! We want you to get well!

I had a sore throat on Sunday night, I could barely sleep. I had it for a few days, then it disappeared. Now I have congestion, but some Advil cold and sinus cleared that up. I think by Sunday I should in tip-top shape.

I hope you feel the same!

Psionicist

Explorer
Do: Just rest and try to have fun, watch some movies or Simpsons episodes. Read a book. Listen to music, if you can. :)

Don't: Please do not google your symptoms. For every common fever-like symptom there exist at least one rare and serious disease you certaintly don't have. A couple of weeks ago I was 100% sure I had meningitis. Didn't help me recover from my regular flu at all. :cool:

IronWolf

blank
Psionicist said:
Don't: Please do not google your symptoms. For every common fever-like symptom there exist at least one rare and serious disease you certaintly don't have. A couple of weeks ago I was 100% sure I had meningitis. Didn't help me recover from my regular flu at all. :cool:

:lol: No kidding! I gave that up a long time ago! I used to google symptoms and after not dying from about ten different diseases I quit trying to self-diagnose!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases