Besides D&D, what are you playing?

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I just dug out a copy of Star Frontiers; I am (of course) using it with Knight Hawks (pew pew pew space battles) and Zeb's Guide to Zeb's Dead, Baby (Zebulon's Guide to Frontier Space).

It's a lot of fun, but it does remind me that sometimes you go back and the mechanics are a lot more smooth than you might think (Marvel) and other time, the mechanics are, well, 80s clunky.

Nebulous

Legend
I just dug out a copy of Star Frontiers; I am (of course) using it with Knight Hawks (pew pew pew space battles) and Zeb's Guide to Zeb's Dead, Baby (Zebulon's Guide to Frontier Space).

It's a lot of fun, but it does remind me that sometimes you go back and the mechanics are a lot more smooth than you might think (Marvel) and other time, the mechanics are, well, 80s clunky.
aww, i loved Star Frontiers!!! If WotC brought that back, damn....

Nebulous

Legend
Dynamic lighting. You say you can't replicate it in person. Why not?
I don't know how to do shadows and line of sight accurately with miniatures. See how the shadows fade and fade right up the edge of 60 foot darkvision and then all darkness? I cant do that in person.

RmzMsdv.jpg

Nebulous

Legend
Furthermore, darkvision actually looks like this, shades of gray, no color, but at the table, all player see is bright light in all directions in full color at all times. I don't think PCs would WANT to be in full dark as much as they are, it's very disorienting and frightening.

lsbjFZj.jpg

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases