Besm d20

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
I can't seem to figure this one out.... I recently picked up Big Eyes Small Mouth d20 Revised Limited Edition (GOO02-699). However, I'm not sure if it is 3.5 or 3.0 compatible. The other book is similar, Revised 3.5 Edition BESM, specifically calling out that it is 3.5 compatible. Its number is GOO02-697. Does anyone know the difference between these books and if I will have to pick up the one that specifically states it is 3.5 compatible?

Secondly, along the same lines, I am curious about the BESM d20 Monster Manual. Is it out yet and is it for 3.5 or 3.0? If it is for 3.0, will there be a 3.5 version?

Thank you in advance to any one that has this information.

Psion

Adventurer
I understand they really flubbed the revised hardcover edition. The did the work to release the revisions and then published the un-revised material.

For more info see Arcady's review

I think GOO was offering a refund for a while.

AFAIK, the BESM monster manual is based on 3.5.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
From what I understand, it happened like so:

The BESM d20 book was printed in 2003. Despite being released at the same time as 3.5E it was 3.0E.

Shortly thereafter, they printed BESM d20 Revised, which was supposed to be the 3.5E version. However, they were supposed to update it by using material from, IIRC, a "pocket edition" of the book...I'm not sure about the details, but the 3.5 updates didn't make it into the book, leaving it still 3.0E.

Eventually, they did put out a corrected BESM d20 Revised (production number 02-697). I'm not sure how it visually differs from the incorrect BESM d20 book, but I can describe the cover of mine (whch is 3.5E). It says "Revised Edition besm d20 anime role-player's handbook" at the top, and "3.5 compatible" at the bottom right-hand corner. Also, on the back, near the bottom it'll have the awards for the Origins Nomination and Ennie Nomination it got. Further down, it'll have the logo for d20 Mecha.

The BESM d20 Monstrous Manual is definately 3.5E though.

Last edited:

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
So I will definately have to get #697 then, just as I suspected. And the Monster Manual, obviously as soon as I can find it.... I saw it once in my flgs and didn't have the funds then..... Never saw it since. Oh well. Thanks for the info guys, it helps a poor old collector like me...

Remove ads