D&D 5E Best 5e Adventure? Vote up to 3

Best 5e adventure so far?

Enrico Poli1

Adventurer
Curse of Strahd nearly always wins these things, and for good reason. It’s an excellent adventure.
Yes, but I wanted a vision of the other ones.
After a day, with 39 voters, the HIGH TIER is:
  • CoS and LMoP gain the most love with 22/24;
  • Then comes ToA at 17. I'm satisfied of the consensus as an exceptional adventure;
  • TotYP is the runner-up (15); people seem to love this classics anthology;
The MIDDLE TIER:
- GoS at 8; DiA at 8 (people begin to appreciate this incredibile adventure, even if it's out by less then a month); OotA (7) and PotA (5) are the best of the first phase of 5e adventures; DotMM (4) surprisingly beats DH.
The LOW TIER:
  • SKT gains only 1 point.
  • At 0 votes, ToD and DH are the less appreciated. I'm really surprised for DH.

Coroc

Hero
I love Top 10s and was just curius to learn the preferred published 5e adventures of other forum users.

Mine are Descent into Avernus (best Planescape adventure ever), Tomb of Annihilation (loved both the jungle sandbox exploration and the final Tomb), Curse of Strahd (better then the original Ravenloft?)
Best Planescape? Please no spoilers, but does it really contain so much planescape stuff? I mean, does it feature other planes than avernus and prime also?

Enrico Poli1

Adventurer
Best Planescape? Please no spoilers, but does it really contain so much planescape stuff? I mean, does it feature other planes than avernus and prime also?
No, it has a Planescape feeling or atmosphere. It is a planar mission done better then old Planescape modules.

delphonso

Explorer
I'm getting started with Horde of the Dragon Queen, and understand the hatred. Looking forward to cracking open TotYP in the future based on this poll.

For ToD, I hear it's getting rereleased so that might shift these results in a few months time.

ShadowDenizen

Explorer
  1. Curse of Strahd is a no-brainer, as I'm a fan of Ravenloft, since it's inception and in all it's incarnations.
  2. Tomb of Annihiliation: While I have a few issues with this (the set-up being SUPER weak), it's overall an enjoyable mix of many things I enjoy about both 5E and the history of D&D.
  3. Descent into Avernus: Planar-adventures are something that I naturally gravitate towards, and this is a decently well-executed one. And the gorgeous art pushes it over the top. (And who doesn't love Hollyphaunts

ShadowDenizen

Explorer
I love Top 10s and was just curius to learn the preferred published 5e adventures of other forum users.

Mine are Descent into Avernus (best Planescape adventure ever), Tomb of Annihilation (loved both the jungle sandbox exploration and the final Tomb), Curse of Strahd (better then the original Ravenloft?)

Agree with all this. :)

delericho

Legend
Lost Mine of Phandelver for me. It's one of the best D&D adventures of all time, IMO. None of the others particularly impressed. (I stopped after Storm King's Thunder, so they may well have improved.)

Remove ads