D&D 5E Best 5E Adventure?

ad_hoc

(they/them)
You can't brute force HotDQ. There is a lot of social interaction and exploration in the adventure. I think they did a good job of balancing the 3 pillars.

One thing to note in the 1-15 adventures is that it is a lot of ground for 1 book. Adventures typically span a few levels.

LMoP is 1-5 and levels 1 and 2 aren't real levels.

When I buy a 250 pg book for 15 levels I know I am going to have to do a bit of work filling it in. Personally I would prefer shorter adventures, but they are what they are.

delericho

Legend
Whats wrong with the climax?

An ultra-brief summary:

[sblock]After months of gameplay, in which time they've advanced from raw neophytes to some of the greatest heroes of the age, the PCs get to watch while the eight demon lords fight it out, before taking on the lone survivor. Sure, they can jump in at any time... and get wiped out, so that's not good.

Now, the adventure does suggest the DM could give each player a demon lord to run for the fight, and the DM absolutely should do this. But this still has the problem that the PCs are basically spectators in the climax of their own story. It's not quite on a par with having Drizzt and Elminster swoop in and save the day... but it's not that far off.

(There are also problems with the Fetid Wedding, which is a real shame since it's such a nice idea, but I'll leave those for now.)[/sblock]

Remove ads