Best Battle aftermath scene?

clockworkjoe

First Post
Best Battle after math scene?

What's the most entertaining story you have regarding to the moments right after a battle? You know, the dragon's dead, the party is cheering but somehow..everything goes horribly wrong.

I'll start:

One time as our party was traveling on a road in the middle of a forest, we encountered and attacked some human soldiers on patrol. I knocked one out and me being the big dumb warrior type was convinced that I could hire him on as a henchman. The elf didn't like that so he shot the poor soldier in the head with a bow! I was really sad, so I wrote an epitaph on a gravestone atop his poorly dug grave. It read something like:

"There were these guys and we attacked them but I liked this one guy and was healing him when our stupid elf killed them. I liked this guy and thought he was swell. I am sorry he is dead. That is the end of this story."

Galfridus

First Post
Best Battle After Math?

I would have to say the final confrontation from The Phantom Tollbooth, when Milo and Tock face down the nightmare creatures soon after visiting the Mathemagician.

Hm, what's that? Aftermath, not after...math?

Never mind. :)

Wolf72

Explorer
oops

yeah, I kinda read it wrong too :) ...

this immediately made me think of my AP Calculas exam (in 91) ... me a few others came out of that thing laughing our assess off "hey! I think I got my name right" ... then laughed even harder when the next group came out discussing actual problems ...

Last edited:

Someguy

First Post
I thought he was saying about fights you have had after doing math...

Then I read his post and was all confused...

Kytess

First Post
Well, right after I did a huge set of calculations earlier today for the Smackdown thread, I wrote up details for a fight on the In-Character forum.

It would be when our group had to get into a fort. We used control weather to create a storm to get us in with out fear of arrows or flying objects. Once in much fighting ensues. Much death happened. My favorite death dealing done by me happened in this fight. We were fighting flocks of creatures with comunal hitpoints. Basicaly they all died at the same time. My thief/mage was fighting a number of these, most of a flock spread out to not get hit by area of affect attacks, and getting my but kicked. I turned one of them to stone, which the dm ruled had no effect. Only if I could outright slay one would the flock die. So seeing as I was on the top of a wall I pushed the statue over the edge and down a chasm on the side of the wall. This surprised the dm and made him laugh so he ruled that would kill the flock.
He basicaly rewarded what he thought was a good idea. We still talk about this years later.

Rashak Mani

First Post
Usually Undead that get back up again make for the most funny expressions...

This king´s skeletons rises from his tomb to attack us and after great trouble and danger he at last falls... I was already dusting my clothes and saying how I had to fight it single handedly while the party was delayed by the minor skeletons... when the Skeleton King got up again !!!

"What do you mean he got up again ?" "Like walking again?"

We put him down like 3 times total and then ran.... not a very good experience. He had to be killed by his own sword which we picked up and ran...

Henry

Autoexreginated
An instance of this happened just last week.

We encountered a Vampiric Beholder Mage, who was preparing to do something quite nasty with a Dryad's Soul-tree, and a Good Drow Artifact, when we ambushed him to stop him and steal the items back. After a hard battle, and many Searing Lights later, we triumphed!

We had approximately 2 minutes to search for loot, when we learned the hard way that the alarm had been triggered, and ALL of the vampires in the complex (Human and Drow) were converging on the beholder's lab. The (variant) sorcerer shrunk the tree, grabbed the artifacts and teleported out, promising to come back for us. The rest of us barred the door while the sorcerer made two more teleport trips back to the room (talk about risky business!!!) to collect the rest of us.

Hopefully, the vampires didn't find the ArcanoNuclear Device we had left behind for them until it was too late. :D

Last edited:

wolff96

First Post
Re: Best aftermath

Henry said:
...ALL of the vampires in the complex (Human and Drow) were converging on the beholder's lab. The (variant) sorcerer shrunk the tree, grabbed the artifacts and teleported out, promising to come back for us. The rest of us barred the door while the sorcerer made two more teleport trips back to the room.
Okay, I'm curious. Why didn't the vampires use polymorph or gaseous form to slide right past the barracaded door?

Remove ads