• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best damn RPG product design and interior art you've ever seen?

Krug

Newshound
Was looking through the Construct Mechanus PDF and I'm going WOW. (It's available at philipjreed.com's website for $3 and I can tell you it's WORTH every penny just for the design alone).

Wonder what RPG product designs have blown you away.

And no I'm not a shareholder in Reed's company. Just a big fan! :D

teitan

Legend
Mutants & Masterminds, Silver Age Sentinels Deluxe edition and Call of Cthulhu just blew me away. I think each set a successive bar of what that next level is and blew each other away. CoC destroyed the DnD3 core books, CoC was obliterated by SAS and MnM just barely squeaked passed SAS. I love the layout and art of MnM, just gorgeous and more than makes for the 33 dollar tag it has attached to such a small book. Review next week.

Jason

Brisk-sg

First Post
I have to agree about the layout and quality of Mutants and Masterminds. Even though I had no real desire to play a superheroes game, I picked it up after a quick glance on Sunday. One of the most polished RPG books I have ever seen.

- Josh

AngelTears

First Post
each gaming book has it's own style. but the best i have seen: hands down. Is Nobilis.

Most of WW production is beautiful.

I like Steve Jackson Games Books for their well thought-out and methodical indexes.

But I will buy a book solely on it's lay-out and design.

I have to say *hiding* that the D&D 3E books have a good layout, but not great. They could be far better and I hope that the reivsed edition fixes the problem.

-Angel Tears

Voneth

First Post
Well, if it is all RPGs, Nobillis is up there.

The Hellboy rpg gets major points since it LOOKS like a graphic novel.

M&M and SAS are great as well.

On average, White Wolf as the best production values.

Morpheus

Exploring Ptolus
A few ofthe best that I have seen:

1) CoC d20-WotC

2) Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting-WotC

3) Rokugan-AEG

4) Monsternomicon-Privateer Press

5)LotR-Decipher A word of note: Editing gaffes and content dis-order but book is gorgeous...

Morpheus

bondetamp

First Post
Nobilis has allready been mentioned, and it is stunning indeed.

But talking about stunning illustration and layout without mentioning HÔL would be a travesty. Yes, the game is mostly a joke, but the layout is legible and makes sense in the context, and I dare you to find an rpg book with better and more relevant illustrations. That book tickled my funny bone something fierce, but it also made the art appreciator in me very, very pleased.

chatdemon

First Post
I really like Freeport: City of Adventure, D20 Modern and Call of Cthulhu D20 as far as current products go, but IMO the Alternity Dark Matter campaign setting is the best ever. The layout and art lend perfectly to the game flavor they were presenting, and the whole thing just kicks my ass every time I break it out for inspiration for my D20Mod game ideas.

AngelTears

First Post
bondetamp said:
Nobilis has allready been mentioned, and it is stunning indeed.

But talking about stunning illustration and layout without mentioning HÔL would be a travesty. Yes, the game is mostly a joke, but the layout is legible and makes sense in the context, and I dare you to find an rpg book with better and more relevant illustrations. That book tickled my funny bone something fierce, but it also made the art appreciator in me very, very pleased.

Baron Munchausen?

-Angel Tears

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads