D&D General Best DM Screen

Stormonu

Legend
I have a folder with player info that I put out each session. It only has one copy of everything and stays with me, but is available for anybody to go through.
That sounds suspiciously like a Player’s Handbook to me.

Did/Does anyone use the player screens from 2E that came with the plastic player’s cases from that era?

I learned years ago if players take their characters and folders they will inevitably leave them home next session, or worse, lose them so I keep them as well. Not so bad nowadays because there's usually a digital copy but years ago it was a huge pain if someone lost there character as most times there wasn't another.
They don't take them away from the table. It stays with me. However, it is there for them to access during the session.

Did/Does anyone use the player screens from 2E that came with the plastic player’s cases from that era?
They also have those. Lol! This has maps and handouts that they have discovered in the past, along with information about banks.

R_J_K75

Legend

I had a players that used them back in the day. They were pretty helpful. I could definitely get behind something like that for 5E. At the end of the day I'd like to see WotC branch out on the type of products they offer and not just hardback books and 3rd party supplements from Galeforce 9 or Wizkids to fill this niche. The spell cards, etc, those type of products are good but they're so random as in Wizards spell cards. Cleric Spell cards, but I'm not sure they do a fighters pack/screen or something similar. I don't buy them so I'm really not up to speed so these things may be out there.

I envy you for not having to go through players showing up and realizing there PC sheet is either gone or 25 miles away when they need it most, game time.
Oh, this isn't their PC sheet. That is theirs to deal with. However, I am blessed (cursed?) with having my players all live in my house, so I can help scour their rooms for it if necessary. Lol!

teitan

Legend
I got the most use out of the 3e Forgotten Realms screen with the Panorama of Drizzt on it and the random encounter table booklet. I find the 5e reincarnated screen extremely helpful. Art wise... 1e or DCC though.

R_J_K75

Legend
I got the most use out of the 3e Forgotten Realms screen with the Panorama of Drizzt on it and the random encounter table booklet. I find the 5e reincarnated screen extremely helpful. Art wise... 1e or DCC though.
The random encounter tables were nice but by that point I was playing in a weekly game at a game store for 3-4 hours a night. We rarely if ever used random encounters. I did use them while creating adventures at times though.

Remove ads