• Saoirse (song of the sea)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aisling (secret of Kells)

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Pocahontes (Disney)

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Veran (britannia)

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Annora of the Alders (Bastard executioner)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bran (GoT)

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Triss (Witcher)

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Allanon (shannara chronicles)

Votes: 5 12.5%

Sacrosanct

Legend
Like the other polls, if a new player asked you to show them an on screen (no literary or video game reference) version of a character that best represents the Druid class, which TWO options would you choose?

I know I’m missing someone obvious, I’m sure 🤔

* I know I’ve used video game in the past, but I don’t really consider that as on screen.

Coroc

Hero
Uh that's a tough one. Cannot decide between Radagast, Merlin, and Bran.

Pocahontas ...... ahm, na i would write something funny now but i better leave it out it would not be .... ok
I think Merlin wins with very little distance to Radagast..

Sacrosanct

Legend
I know he won’t win, but I’d highly recommend Britannia just for McKenzie Crook’s version of Veran. Old school Druid right there. And so weird to see a meek guy like Crook (from the Office, detectorists, and pirates of the Caribbean) play such a scary character.

Tony Vargas

Legend
Merlin was always more Druid than wizard.

I'm delighted to see Secret of Kells and Song of the Sea, which are beautiful and obscure. But, the characters in question are a spirit and a selkie.

Obviously, Varan is a depiction of an historical (as possible, considering) druid, and Anora and Bran both have the right sorts of powers for a legendary Druid - prescience being the big one. But D&D druids go a lot further in the sheer range of spells they possess & the idiosyncrasies of D&D casting - those're really stumbling blocks for almost any D&D caster class relative to genre, though.

Possibly obvious... Allanon and/or Dagda Mor from the Shannara Chronicles.
DINOs. ;P

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I can't think of any. Radagast kinda sorta waves at it from a distance, maybe; as does Bran from a different direction and even further away, but neither are anywhere near close enough to warrant a vote. :)

Remove ads