Best Paizo AP to convert to 5e?

What are the best Paizo AP to convert to D&D 5e? (choose up to 3)

• Rise of Runelords

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Curse of the Crimson Throne

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Second Darkness

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Legacy of Fire

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Council of Thieves

• Kingmaker

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • Serpent's Skull

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Carrion Crown

• Jade Regent

• Skull & Shackels

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Shattered Star

• Reign of Winter

• Wrath of the Righteous

• Mummy's Mask

• Iron Gods

• Giantslayer

• Hell's Rebels

• Hell's Vengeance

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Strange Aeons

• Ironfang Invasion

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Ruins of Azlant

• War for the Crown

• Return of the Runelords

• Tyrant's Grasp

• Age of Ashes

• Extincion Curse

lyle.spade

Adventurer
Is the spreadsheet something you can link to publicly?

Also, I sort of munged up the first adventure in Ruins of Azlant AP. But I did re-use a couple of encounters and some connective bits. When I had to come up with a DC, I basically made them 75-80% of what was written. Not sure if that's right or not...

You bet. Here's the link to the guy's site where I found it. When you download or copy it from his Google Drive you'll need to delete the variables he entered, and make some changes to the formulas to use it with 5e...change the Control DC to 15+(variables) instead of 20+, for example.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
If anyone votes for the mythic AP, it stunk as a PF for our group and not how it would work for the power gaming and imbalance...but as a story, decent.

Voadam

Legend
But a number of the later APs have been highly praised by those who have played them, including Skull & Shackles (the pirate AP!), Carrion Crown (the gothic horror AP!), Reign of Winter (the free Baba Yaga AP!), Iron Gods (the robots and lasers AP!), and War of the Crown (the political intrigue AP!).
I've run Reign of Winter through the first three and they are fantastic, but it would be a lot of work to convert. Lots of non-MM monsters and witches everywhere. The farther along the Paizo timeline you get the more non MM monsters you will generally see because they have more bestiaries and non-PH classes to draw from.

Thematically I would think the classic themed APs would be the easiest to convert, so Rise of the Runelords, Curse of the Crimson Throne, Carrion Crown, Shattered Star, Giantslayer, etc.

I would think things like Iron Gods with its tech and robots or Jade Regent with a lot of (I would assume) Asian themed Non-MM monsters would be tougher. Traditionally about every other AP was going for a classic theme and every other one was a themed experiment pushing nonstandard concepts.

Partially it will also depend on how many Non-MM 5e monster sources you have, there are a lot of OGL and DMs Guild stuff out there that can give neat equivalents. Paizo uses a bunch of Kobold Press and Green Ronin stuff scattered throughout their APs.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases