• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best PDF making tool. (Campaign Handouts)

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Pages on a Mac.

it's fast, intuitive and so easy to use despite being quite powerful. The Mac OS has in-built PDF creation from any application that can print, so I get nice PDF's from it.

Oh, and at $79 for the iWork (Office equivalent) package, it's a bargain too :)

keterys

First Post
I picked up pdfcreator from sourceforge and it's done pretty well by me. It's not perfect, but beggars can't be choosers.

Syrsuro

First Post
I also use pdfcreator. I like the fact that I can use it to print pdfs from any program (you print to pdfcreator to create a pdf file) so I can use it for both word docs or edited graphics images, and even to create PDFs of spreadsheets (i.e. Heroforge characters).

Carl

Thanee

First Post
Well, the obvious answer is... Adobe Acrobat. However, it is hideously expensive.

PDFcreator is a great free tool to make PDFs out of documents, for example (i.e. put everything together in Word then print to PDF with PDFcreator).

Bye
Thanee

Khaalis

Adventurer
Personally, I now use Office 2007 which includes its own PDF generator. Its similar to the freeware versions I used in days of Office 2003 and back, but is truly integrated to Office and thus doesn't have some of the formatting issues I've seen with pdfcreator, etc.

I'd love to simply use Adobe, but as Thanee mentioned, its very expensive.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads