Best.Pet.Evar

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Grinder

My Artificer in the Zad/Wizardru game (see the story hour)
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=161689

He's an Iron Defender and seeing as his maker has the Improved Homonculus feat he has some very cool abilities.

He has held is own against a frost giant and a hoard of whitespawn creatures. Best of all is the Construct template so I can stotre him in my bag of holding when he's not needed.

Someone

Adventurer
My druid's wolf animal companion Suffo. He was named after one of my college professors, since both had Int 2, you had to use a spell to understand what hey were saying, and both were sons of a bitch.

sckeener

First Post
Argh...where to start....

Two concepts from one of my past DMs.

One is Undead Servants and the other is Binder Stones. Binder Stones were basically Monster Summon X where it always returned the same monster and would stay as long as owner of the binder stone wanted. Undead Servants were basically ghouls from Vampire.

which leads me to the following companions as examples (there are plenty of others from that world)

Lissa, an undead servant pain* elementalist
A body guard...basically a cohort before there was a leadership feat. I remember once when the game had gotten very high in level, she started summoning and didn't stop...we had so many monsters to run in that game that we started taking over the kingdom....ah pillaging...good memories.

Cherise, a bound pleasure* elemental
Bound to a binder stone she kept my character's children sane. My character wasn't around enough for the kids and she managed to help them grow up without hating me. She came in very useful for diplomatic missions since she could be any sex or race...

*pain and pleasure were elements in that world...it was based on an old Dragon magazine (I think issue #24) The chief attack of the elementals was a ray of pleasure or pain...both incapacitated the victims.

Nareau

Explorer
In my campaign, we've had a few cool pets:
An NPC paladin from RttToEE died early on while traveling with the party. They got him reincarnated, and he came back (merged with his mount) as a centaur.

The pseudodragon familiar of one of the PCs escaped when his master was killed. 700 years later, he's re-entered the campaign as a fairly powerful blue dragon (and he's big enough to ride now).

The tiger animal companion of the party's druid accompanied an elven monk PC on a solo adventure through the underdark. There were some glorious "Dark Elf Trilogy" moments. It was later revealed that the tiger had been awakened by the goddess Bast. The tiger was eventually killed, and reincarnated by her master as an elf.

Nareau

Wolv0rine

First Post
SiderisAnon said:
I would have to say that the best "pet" that any of the parties I've DMed for ever acquired was a kobold named Spot. They originally rescued him from a group of goblins that were using him as a slave and a cook. The kobold was supposed to be a plot point that gave the characters some additional information and opened up some possibilities. However, instead of following up on any of that -- and indeed, instead of asking any questions and so ever LEARNING any of this -- the party basically said, "Hey, cool, someone to cook for us," and took Spot on.
(((Much Snippage)))
Oh man, that whole post hurt so much... you DMed the game an old (and short-lived, sadly) group I played with tried to play. We captured a kobold who we named Toby (Yes, we even towered over him saying demandingly "Your name is Toby!". The reference was too easy to pass up). Once we decided to keep him, and got an agreement from him to serve us if we didn't kill him (that we finally believed) the party Ranger even decided to train him as a ranger. We had great plans for Toby...

But the DM wasn't along for the ride, and to stop us from keeping our newly beloved Toby he killed our friggin kobold in an epic display of DM Fiat. After one or two more displays of "Bone the players and kill or destroy whatever they manage to acquire" methodology we fired that DM.

But I still miss the Toby that never got to be.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
MacMathan said:
Does Meepo count? In our group he became enamored with the half-orc cleric and took up a Medium heavy crossbow that he had to stand on and strain to reload.

Argent Silvermage said:
The best Kobold will always be Meepo!
There is none better. :D

He gets a lot fo press. :)

Remove ads