Best race with Cha bonus

Shellman

First Post
Im am getting ready to play an arcane caster in Arctic Campaign. The DM is restricing us to Sponteneous caster's only, so I was looking at a Sorcerer/ Warlock/ Eldritch Theurge.

Key ability will be Cha, so I want to find a race with a Cha bonus but also a low LA or none at all.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Nifft

Penguin Herder
What sources are allowed? No races in Core rules have a Cha bonus without a level adjustment.

(If you can get rid if your level adjustment, Nixies are pretty sweet.)

Cheers, -- N

Kurashu

First Post
Aasimar has a +2 Wis/+2 Cha with a +1 LA plus a nice host of other abilities (namely being a native outsider and therefore proficient with all martial weapons and immune to a lot of fun spells) and they are core. That's the only 3.5 creature with a Charisma bonus and a small level adjustment I can think of.

However, a Grey Elf (+2 Int, –2 Str) Duskblade would be doable too. They're spontaneous casters and Intelligence based. Beguilers are as well (although, they are more of a rogueish caster).

Aasimars are great Favored Souls as well. I'm just putting possible ideas out there, so you can ignore me if you want.

Kafkonia

First Post
From Races of the Dragon, Spellscales have +2 CHA, -2 CON, no Level Adjustment, Favoured Class: Sorcerer.

They also get low-light vision, have the dragonblood subtype, and can gain a different ability each day (mostly limited uses of feats) by meditating for one hour on a draconic deity.

Anaxander

First Post
Kurashu said:
Aasimar has a +2 Wis/+2 Cha with a +1 LA plus a nice host of other abilities (namely being a native outsider and therefore proficient with all martial weapons and immune to a lot of fun spells) and they are core. That's the only 3.5 creature with a Charisma bonus and a small level adjustment I can think of.

However, a Grey Elf (+2 Int, –2 Str) Duskblade would be doable too. They're spontaneous casters and Intelligence based. Beguilers are as well (although, they are more of a rogueish caster).

Aasimars are great Favored Souls as well. I'm just putting possible ideas out there, so you can ignore me if you want.

Take the Lesser Aasimar variant from Player's Guide to Faerun. They are just the same as Aasimar, but don't have the outsider type and don't suffer any LA. Well, if your DM allows it...

Remove ads