D&D 5E Best rolls I have ever got

auburn2

Adventurer
With Tasha's and a PHB half elf here are my 1st level ability scores. I have been playing D&D since 1981 and these are the best rolls I have ever got at 1st level:

After half elf +1 Dex, +2Int, +1 Charisma

S12 D16 C12 I20 W16 Ch14

I am going to start as an artificer with guild artisan background. Probably go either Ranger or Wizard after 5th level depending on the rest of the party. Leaning towards enchantment school wizard or fey wanderer ranger as a second class ..... or maybe a cleric of some sort?

Last edited:

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
The best legit rolls I ever got was rolling 18/00 strength and 100% for psionics back in the early 90s. Never ended up playing the PC though....
crazy combo!

Honestly, I don't recall the best rolls I ever got... I had a player in 5E get (using 4d6-L) 18, 17, 16, 16, 14, 14--talk about broken. :rolleyes:

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
With Tasha's and a PHB half elf here are my 1st level ability scores. I have been playing D&D since 1981 and these are the best rolls I have ever got at 1st level:

After half elf +1 Dex, +2Int, +1 Charisma

S12 D16 C12 I20 W16 Ch14

I am going to start as an artificer with guild artisan background. Probably go either Ranger or Wizard after 5th level depending on the rest of the party. Leaning towards enchantment school wizard or fey wanderer ranger as a second class ..... or maybe a cleric of some sort?
How did you get bonuses to 3 stats like that? Tasha's only lets you shift the +2, +1 around.

ccs

41st lv DM
My best to date (that counted anyways, I mean we all roll phenomenally when only Gods' watching) were straight 17s - before modifiers.

Not mine, but the best I ever saw legit-rolled in from of me, using 4d6-drop the lowest, were 18, 18, 18, 17, 16, 16 (possibly two 17s and one 16, but certainly three 18s). Likewise he never got played.

I rolled 4 17s on a character I did play once, I think that's the best I've had for an actually-played character.
How did you get bonuses to 3 stats like that? Tasha's only lets you shift the +2, +1 around.
Half-Elf. +2 CHA, +1 to two other stats, so you only have to move the CHA to INT.

Zardnaar

Legend
Best I ever got (in front of DM not rolling 20 times at home) was 12, 14, 17,17,17,18.

On 3d6. BECMI. Never got to use the character.

Shiroiken

Legend
crazy combo!

Honestly, I don't recall the best rolls I ever got... I had a player in 5E get (using 4d6-L) 18, 17, 16, 16, 14, 14--talk about broken. :rolleyes:
Had someone get something similar in 3E: 18, 18, 17, 16, 14, 13. He decided to play half-elf bard, which he considered the worst race and class for the edition, to make up for it.

Remove ads