• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best RPG products of 2006 (d20, non-d20, accessories and aids)

Vigilance

Explorer
1. Agents of Freedom- because the world needs more books to help me run SHIELD under a variety of systems.

2. M&M Golden Age- because the world needs more books to help me run the Invaders under a variety of systems.

3. PHB II- because crunch is good and retraining rocks.

4. Pocket Conan RPG

5. Modern Dispatch: yes I write a lot of these and no I'm not actually referring to the ones I do write but the others, by Ronin Arts and Adamant earlier in the year and later by companies like Sword's Edge 12 to Midnight. I always end up using these in my campaign.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Immortals Handbook: Ascension (OK, it's not finished yet, but paying for it now has still been well worth it, IMO) --- from Eternity Publishing

Tome of Magic (despite some perceived balance issues, I love this book) --- from Wizards of the Coast

The Broken Isles (these guys always do great stuff) --- from The Inner Circle

Untapped Potential (what Complete Psionic could should have been) --- from Dreamscarred Press.

edit --- had to italicise the last company's name there.

Last edited:

Acid_crash

First Post
Well, since this is for any rpg and not just d20 specific...

My favorite rpg book/purchase of '06 is:

Promethean (plus supplements)

closely followed by (in no particular order) -

Ptolus
nWod: Second Sight
nWod: Tales of the 13th Precinct
Serenity

labyrinth

First Post
Don't forget Hero Lab, which technically came out in 2006 (although only by a matter of days). It's going to completely change how character software is used and the expectations gamers have for quality gaming tools. You heard it here first!

Michael Tree

First Post
Didn't Freedom City 2e come out in January 2006? If so, that's definitely up there.

Deadlands Reloaded.

Secrets of the Ruined Temple for Mage: the Awakening. It changed the rather dull and heavy-handed Atlantis myth from the MtA core book and made it both cool and gameable. I've heard that Tome of the Mysteries also adds a lot to the game, but I haven't read it yet.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads