• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best Sci-Fi television series EVAR!

WizarDru

Adventurer
Re: Starhunter 2300

Turgenev said:
I've just started watching the second season of Starhunter (also known as Starhunter 2300) and I like what I've seen so far (which is only two episodes).

Never heard or seen of this series. Is this only in Europe, perhaps? Frankly, any show with Michael Pare that survives more than one season is a miracle...oh wait, it didn't. :) Looks interesting.

I also followed that Tripods link, and saw some series I'd just never heard of, like Adam Adamant! (what a great name) and Edge of Darkness. It's series like those and things like the Headmaster from Hell (or whatever it's actual name was) that never make it over here that's a real shame. The UK's propensity for short series (like Starcops, for example) means that much of the material never shows here, unless someone at a PBS station decides to pick it up.

Originally posted by Villano
The zombie episode probably has one of the scariest moments on tv as Kolchak attempted to sew the zombie's lips shut...and it woke up.

I remember the absurdity and brilliance from the original "Night Stalker" film, with Kolchak hiding in the closet while the title character is hanging up his hat and walking stick....and Kolchak freaking out and running screaming from the room....much to the Stalker's suprise and dismay. :D

That whole zombie sequence was, similarly both comic and terrifying.

And if you mention Automan again, I will SLAP you. I mean, ye gods man.;)

Villano

First Post
WizarDru said:
I remember the absurdity and brilliance from the original "Night Stalker" film, with Kolchak hiding in the closet while the title character is hanging up his hat and walking stick....and Kolchak freaking out and running screaming from the room....much to the Stalker's suprise and dismay. :D

Actually, you're confusing the movie, which was about a vampire, with the episode about Jack The Ripper (I think it was simply titled "The Ripper").

It is a good scene, though. It's probably one of the most honest representations of what someone in such a situation would do. Kind of like the old standby in Asian films where, upon being confronted with a monster, a character wets himself.

Things people would do in real life but you hardly ever see them in movies.

And if you mention Automan again, I will SLAP you. I mean, ye gods man.;)

Oh, like you didn't play Automan with your Tron toys? :p

Besides, it had Desi Arnez, Jr. I mean, can you beat that kind of star power?

Hand of Evil said:
Kind of wonder why someone has not said Knight Rider :)

That's because Knight Rider sucked. Team Knight Rider on the other hand, now that was a great show! I'd rank it up there with M.A.N.T.I.S. and Turbo Teen. Maybe even recent Sinbad series or The Master, with Lee Van Cleef as a ninja (now, whenever I think "ninja", I think "Lee Van Cleef").

True, it's no Manimal, but then again, what is? :D

WizarDru

Adventurer
Villano said:
Actually, you're confusing the movie, which was about a vampire, with the episode about Jack The Ripper (I think it was simply titled "The Ripper").

[slaps forehead] You're right! Man, why isn't this out on DVD, yet? Well, at least the first two movies are.

That's because Knight Rider sucked. Team Knight Rider on the other hand, now that was a great show! I'd rank it up there with M.A.N.T.I.S. and Turbo Teen. Maybe even recent Sinbad series or The Master, with Lee Van Cleef as a ninja (now, whenever I think "ninja", I think "Lee Van Cleef").

True, it's no Manimal, but then again, what is? :D

OK, I see...you're just an evil, EVIL man. I'm suprised you didn't throw in references to VR5, there.

But don't be hatin' The Master. It was bad...I mean, REALLY bad...but as kid, I loved it just the same. Sad to think that I first knew Lee Van Cleef as a ninja master, huh? Oh, the horror. :D

Remove ads