D&D 3E/3.5 best thing to fill the vest slot 3.5

spiderfate

First Post
Who is your paladin's god? Tabard of the great crusade is nice if you worship St. Cuthbert.

There are a few other shirts that give DR 3/(Something) in the MIC too.

Personally, I've always been a fan of Shirt of the Leech from the MIC.

he is a taladas minotaur paladin of lathander in forgotten realms by way of ravenloft if you can believe such a thing. he took the no spells, no turning alternate class features.

mordaanthaxpcrsfolderf.jpg

spiderfate

First Post
Is this a pun? Since I don't get the point for some reason. The way I interpreted this was that the vest slot is incompatible with armor - which actually fits a different slot. But it might just be me being stupid.

I agree with Vest of Resistance. Somehow it feels much more appropriate than a cloak, and there are more good cloaks than there are vests. Cloak of Charisma isn't the only one.

Oh, and I don't know about you but I always find myself starved for magic item slots at level 10+. Maybe it's just because I really like exotic and unique utility trinkets?

its my understanding that there is an inner chest slot "vest" and an outer chest slot" armor".

spiderfate

First Post
Magic Item Compendium, iirc. It's a Cloak of Resistance, but in the Vest slot. Good if you're boosting Cha with a Cloak of Charisma.

Incidentally, if you find yourself with a need for multiple +stat items, a Belt of Magnificence +6 costs only 200,000k.

the belt of magnifience will never make past my dms approval . badass though

Jack Simth

First Post
Is this a pun? Since I don't get the point for some reason. The way I interpreted this was that the vest slot is incompatible with armor - which actually fits a different slot. But it might just be me being stupid.

I agree with Vest of Resistance. Somehow it feels much more appropriate than a cloak, and there are more good cloaks than there are vests. Cloak of Charisma isn't the only one.

Oh, and I don't know about you but I always find myself starved for magic item slots at level 10+. Maybe it's just because I really like exotic and unique utility trinkets?
I'm rather sure it's a pun, yes. Slot can refer to a place to put things (magic item slot), but in a more general sense it can also refer to a gap in something.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
If you cannot afford the 40,000 gp for ring of freedom of movement, the Vest of Free Movement from MIC is quite nice. It's 12,000 gp and lets you 3/day as a swift action gain freedom of movement for 3 rounds each time. A great panic button if grappled.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases