Best use of green slime

amnuxoll

First Post
I wrote a module for Living Greyhawk in which a mad wizard had constructed a small maze with walls of made of flowing green slime. The slime, being a thin liquid, blocks line of sight but not line of effect. Result? The PCs must choose to endure AoE attacks from the wizard while they navigate the maze or risk taking too much Con damage by plunging through.

Result: Very mixed. Some players were really frustrated. Others dug it.

Last edited:

I wrote a module for Living Greyhawk in which a mad wizard had constructed a small maze with walls of made of flowing green slime. The slime, being a thin liquid, blocks line of sight but not line of effect. Result? The PCs must choose to endure AoE attacks from the wizard while they navigate the maze or risk taking too much Con damage by plunging through.

Result: Very mixed. Some players were really frustrated. Others dug it.

A few well placed arrows in the wizard or some delayed blast fireballs would have fixed this pretty quick. :D

Clay pots full of green slime, used as grenade weapons. I forget whether that was in an AD&D module or in a Dragon adventure, but it was very evil and very plausible.

That was in one of the Savage Tide adventures I think. Lightless Depths maybe, with the cavern of plague-infested troglodytes?

Mind you, one of my PCs turned it around by casting 'shatter' on the shelf where the troglodytes kept all their spare ammo, sliming several of them in the process. Which is probably up there in the awesomeness stakes, when I think of it...

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Double glazed potions of healing. The outer layer of the potion bottle contains healing potion, but inside the inner layer it's all slime. And the outer layer is actually sealed, so you can't even drink the healing potion. And it's mirrored so that if you look into the bottle you see healing potion in the mirror.

Slime containers which look like sledge hammers, but break when sriking. You could have a character who specializes in throwing them.

On that note, how about a monster which has become immune to the slime. It eats the slime, and then pukes it at opponents as a self defense mechanism.

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
Using polymorph spells to turn opponent's objects (my favorite being their armor or helmet) into green slime is the way to go. Instant slimage!

DS

Remove ads