D&D 5E Better Leonin

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
You know, if the big hanging point is the +2Str and +1Con, you can do what I do.

Simply say PCs are incredibly special members of their race (that's part of why they are adventurers) and not necessarily representative of the race as a whole. [I'll mention, but choose not to discuss the concept of races being pigeonholed due to their ability scores and why it's problematic.]

As such, they can have +2 in any one ability, and +1 in any other ability.

+2STR +1CON Gnome? Bring it on (I had a player playing this combo as a Barbarian in my campaign).
+2CHA +1INT Half-Orc? Yes please.
+2WIS +1CHA Goblin? Oh my goodness - how awesome!
etc etc.
So you can get Gnome Barbarians, Half-Orc Wizards, Firbolg Rogues, and Goblin Paladins - who do not HAVE to choose sub-optimal mechanical play for the sake of character concept.

And vumans are banned.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
You know, if the big hanging point is the +2Str and +1Con, you can do what I do.

Simply say PCs are incredibly special members of their race (that's part of why they are adventurers) and not necessarily representative of the race as a whole. [I'll mention, but choose not to discuss the concept of races being pigeonholed due to their ability scores and why it's problematic.]

As such, they can have +2 in any one ability, and +1 in any other ability.

+2STR +1CON Gnome? Bring it on (I had a player playing this combo as a Barbarian in my campaign).
+2CHA +1INT Half-Orc? Yes please.
+2WIS +1CHA Goblin? Oh my goodness - how awesome!
etc etc.
So you can get Gnome Barbarians, Half-Orc Wizards, Firbolg Rogues, and Goblin Paladins - who do not HAVE to choose sub-optimal mechanical play for the sake of character concept.

And vumans are banned.
Wait why ban variant humans?

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
I have no probs with Spellscales.
I don't think anyone really had a problem with them, but Spellscales were another step on the "Y'know, in this game about Dungeons and Dragons there probably should be a way to play something linked to dragons" that did not catch on in the slightest

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases