D&D 5E Beyond the Witchlight tips and tricks for DM? Help needed

Hi!

My DM is running Beyond the Witchlight. Normally he homebrews stuff and hasn't run many modules. Are there any tips/trick/links/troubleshooting that any DMs who've run it can share?

I've done a google search but I'm playing and can't read anything so I have no idea if they're good. I'm just trying to help the dm out.

P.S: I won't be watching this thread. I'm simply sending him the link, so spoil away.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Hi!

My DM is running Beyond the Witchlight. Normally he homebrews stuff and hasn't run many modules. Are there any tips/trick/links/troubleshooting that any DMs who've run it can share?

I've done a google search but I'm playing and can't read anything so I have no idea if they're good. I'm just trying to help the dm out.

P.S: I won't be watching this thread. I'm simply sending him the link, so spoil away.

Thanks in advance!
Bump

I am currently running this campaign. One thing I wasn't prepared for was the lack of opportunities to purchase equipment. Basically, we entered the feywild from the carnival with the "clothes" on our backs. I am now looking for ways to get things like plate armor and shields into the hands of my players.

I did one thing that turned out to be cool. We tried to enter the carnival armed and armored to the teeth, ready for an expedition to the carnival with backpacks, hempen rope, and shovels. This seemed odd, so I asked them to at least peace bind their weapons with colorful ribbons. They did and only one of them eventually broke the peace bond. This proved to be important, because, when they made it to the feywild, any weapon that had retained it's binding gained a minor magical property.

HammerMan

Legend
The general flow of the adventure seems very hit or miss. You can do everything right, talk your way through things, and then end up with a coven of hags outside your combat scope near the end... at what point you HAVE to talk it out.

Quickleaf

Legend
I'm not running it (yet), but I did join the Discord for the Wild Beyond the Witchlight subreddit. Lots of great discussion happening there, things like Miro boards, relationship maps, video links, active conversation about problem points, fan art, etc. If your DM is interested, the invite to their Discord is over here:

Casimir Liber

Adventurer
Okay, my question is the module suggests ending the adventure at level 8, which seems alot of advancement for the size of the module...what d others think of the milestone recommendations

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases