i was reading through dying skyseer again and found nevard's miscellaneous visions. i mainly just wanted to know if i had what they were referring to right (i go down them in order):
- the woman on the leather couch is xambria meredith (book 3), possessed by sijhen (who is speaking via telepathy). the gold coin is part of his ritual to get back to the gidim homeworld, which is the place he's referring to (it's not "here" yet because the axis seal, apet, and nem are all still in place).
- the trumpeter is luc jierre (book 4). the lantern is the wayfinder's lantern. the crowd is the obscurati, who give him the attention he desires but who he never really comes to know.
- the third vision is the one i'm least sure about, but this is what i got from it - the man who tore himself in two is alexander grappa, who left his body behind to hijack his robot in order to not horrifically die. the woman split in three is kasvarina - one is her pre-nic self, one is her obscurati self, and one is her enclave leader self (i don't actually know if this is exactly how her dilemma goes in book 8 since i haven't read it yet, but it seems to be the intent here). the train is the party bringing kasvarina around the world - nevard doesn't know which of kasvarina's identities will prevail because the party decides that (which also sort of plays into the idea vlendam heid brings up in his book 4 speech that certain individuals can defy - or at least twist - fate itself). i have no idea what the mice are supposed to represent.
- the tiger man with the staff is obviously stanfield after mishados hits the mansion in the book 9 climax. the staff just seems to be a remnant of an older story outline.
- the woman on hooks is, also obviously, ashima-shimtu. the map she whispers about is the path to the gyre.