ZEITGEIST [Big Spoilers] Visions of a Dying Skyseer

i was reading through dying skyseer again and found nevard's miscellaneous visions. i mainly just wanted to know if i had what they were referring to right (i go down them in order):
  • the woman on the leather couch is xambria meredith (book 3), possessed by sijhen (who is speaking via telepathy). the gold coin is part of his ritual to get back to the gidim homeworld, which is the place he's referring to (it's not "here" yet because the axis seal, apet, and nem are all still in place).
  • the trumpeter is luc jierre (book 4). the lantern is the wayfinder's lantern. the crowd is the obscurati, who give him the attention he desires but who he never really comes to know.
  • the third vision is the one i'm least sure about, but this is what i got from it - the man who tore himself in two is alexander grappa, who left his body behind to hijack his robot in order to not horrifically die. the woman split in three is kasvarina - one is her pre-nic self, one is her obscurati self, and one is her enclave leader self (i don't actually know if this is exactly how her dilemma goes in book 8 since i haven't read it yet, but it seems to be the intent here). the train is the party bringing kasvarina around the world - nevard doesn't know which of kasvarina's identities will prevail because the party decides that (which also sort of plays into the idea vlendam heid brings up in his book 4 speech that certain individuals can defy - or at least twist - fate itself). i have no idea what the mice are supposed to represent.
  • the tiger man with the staff is obviously stanfield after mishados hits the mansion in the book 9 climax. the staff just seems to be a remnant of an older story outline.
  • the woman on hooks is, also obviously, ashima-shimtu. the map she whispers about is the path to the gyre.
did i miss anything or get anything wrong?

arkwright

Explorer
I'd say the man who tore himself in two is Nic, torn between Nicodemus the ghost, and William Miller the soul who the party speak to on Ascetia in Book 12.
Mice skittering around a trainyard is Leone Quital and the Mirsk trainyard fight.
I'd say the map Ashima whispers about is the Sacrament of Apotheosis, since she knows nothing about the path to the Gyre.

I'd say the man who tore himself in two is Nic, torn between Nicodemus the ghost, and William Miller the soul who the party speak to on Ascetia in Book 12.
ah, okay, i can see that.
Mice skittering around a trainyard is Leone Quital and the Mirsk trainyard fight.
looking at it again, yeah, i think you're right - the cheese is "fallen amid the rails". it does seem like it's supposed to be the aftermath of leone's capture.
I'd say the map Ashima whispers about is the Sacrament of Apotheosis, since she knows nothing about the path to the Gyre.
that doesn't really make any sense to me, though. the sacrament obviously isn't a map - it can't lead anywhere. although, like stanfield's staff, it could be that she originally did know the path to the gyre and it was changed later on. if ryan doesn't see this post and give a different answer i might change the wording of that last vision to better reflect the sacrament (without giving it away, obviously).

hirou

Explorer
This question pops up once a year I think, lol. And I'm pretty sure last time Nock admitted he doesn't quite remember what those were... Check the descriptions of later adventures in Campaign Guide for some clues though. Page numbers from 4e Act I compilation
  • p.82:
  • Adventure Ten. The ritual that can change things back will require threekey components: an accurate map of the multiverse, a machine to properly calibrate planar energies, and energy gathered from those planes.Adventure Eleven. We have pieces one and two, but piece three requires dying and traveling to the graveyard of the multiverse.Adventure Twelve. We have piece three, and we have learned a separate ritual that will make us strong enough to withstand the chaos at the Axis Seal, and to defend against the might of the Obscurati.
  • p.88:
    Adventure 10 description doesn't actually describe anything concrete. Adventure 11 mentions
    subduing the titans, Gidim in Ber, Infernal legions in Dreaming, cultists in Drakr and god trials in Alais Primos
    , so parts of it were moved to adv.10.

Adventure Ten. The ritual that can change things back will require threekey components: an accurate map of the multiverse, a machine to properly calibrate planar energies, and energy gathered from those planes.
okay, so yeah, it sounds like originally ashima-shimtu was supposed to give the party the map of the multiverse (not the path to the gyre, but close enough). probably going to have to change that vision then since i don't think the map even exists in the actual version of adventure 11. thanks!

Remove ads