Bizarre RPGs

DMH

First Post
HellHound said:
but my obsession seems to be for more modern game environments.

Sorry about the incorrect title- it has been a while since I even looked at P:SoF.

Not exactly modern, but the first 2 bizzare rpgs might be Metamorphosis Alpha and Gamma World. With 11 editions between them, there is plenty to mine from.

Modernish, though completely in the realm of fantasy, is Mechanical Dream. It would be easier just to link to a review: http://www.rpg.net/news+reviews/reviews/rev_6216.html

Modoc

First Post
How about the occult genre games that saw some popularity between the 1990-1996 era. Two of the games that I played during this time were Nephilim and Witchcraft.

Nephilim: This was an interesting game concept. You were a Simulacrum, a spirit living in a human host body. You had to attempt to get to heaven, more or less. There were all sorts of evil nasties out to get you and prevent you from reaching your goals.

Witchcraft: You literally play a human character with the powere of a pagan witch. Other than that I forgot the premise of the game. I know they came out with a updated version of the game in the 1990s.

When I used to play these games, they were quite unique and different when compared to more main stream games like D&D, WoD, etc.

Modoc

DMH

First Post
Digging through my collection, I found one more- Hunter Planet. This Aussie game has the PCs as aliens hunting humans on planet Dirt. It is very Paranoia like.

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
I've played Bunnies & Burrows (well, the old original edition, not the GURPS version), it's not so much bizarre as... unusual. The actual game, however, runs like just about every other RPG, it's just that you are playing rabbits.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
I guess that Low Life qualifies, though it's technically a supplement for Savage Worlds. Still, name another game in which you can play a sentient, cream-filled, snack cake ;)

Remove ads