[Black Company] How do individuals and squads fight?

I see that individuals may take options seperately from companies and squads, but what I don't understand is exactly how a company can fight an individual or what an invidual could to a company.

Would I just calculate a PCs attack against the squad AC and determine the number of hits that way?

Would a squad hit an individual with the same strength with which it would attack a fellow squad?

I love the Black Company system but I am looking for a great system for individuals versus companies and vice versa in order to do some mad Wuxia stuff and it's provoking all sorts of odd new questions.

Also, the squad combat example from the book left me confused. I don't understand why the two other companies of Urban cohorts didn't act in the round.

swrushing

First Post
Squads attack the same way, whether its against an individual or a group.

Individuals attack their way, whether against an individual or a group.

exceptions are noted in each unit.

so a squad would do hit with the improved BAB and do damage based on weapon plus overages?

but what sort of damage does an individual do to a squad?

Hit point? If so where does that create morale checks?

Tharen the Damned

First Post
I love the Black Company system but I am looking for a great system for individuals versus companies and vice versa in order to do some mad Wuxia stuff and it's provoking all sorts of odd new questions.

Have a look at Cry Havoc by Malhavoc Press. This Mass Combat System was done by Skip Williams.
Here you fight as an Individual vs. a group (Squat or others) and vice versa. Cry Havoc is more complicated and needs more work beforehand to stat up the participants of the battle,
but it is also much more detailed.

A 100% Cry Havoc compatible system (CH light?) is in the Advanced Players Guide by Green Ronin.

Remove ads