• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Black or white?

Black or white?

• Black is cooooool!

Votes: 312 64.7%
  • White doesn't make my eyes go funny!

Votes: 170 35.3%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
bujoojoo said:
But I really wouldn't care what color the page was if the LINKS WEREN'T BROKEN!!! Seriously, "Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible." WTF?

Which link(s)? Certainly not any of the interior links coming to parts of EN World.

I'm afraid I have no control over whether another website goes down after I've linked to it.

Last edited:

ruemere

Adventurer
White, but only if the fonts and line spacings are similar to this:
http://www.projectseven.com/products/templates/pagepacks/dejavu/page4.htm

or this:
http://techmagazine.ws/web-designers-inspiration-package-40-dark-designs/

For nice dark desgins, try this:
(see link above and scroll the page)

To clarify:
I am not suggesting design change, merely change of fonts, font sizes, font spacings and headers. Also font colors in relation to background tone.

Basically, any high contrast setting, while very readable, is also rather tiring on eyes. On the other hand, with contrast getting too low, legibility gets worse.

Rule of thumb here is: the bigger font, the smaller contrast.
2nd rule of thumb: the smaller font, the bigger contrast and bigger spacing between lines and paragraphs.

Regards,
Ruemere

Walking Dad

First Post
I voted for black. It keeps the room darker, when I'm playing human bed for my baby-girl.

Question: Is it impossible to programm a possibility to choose, like before?

I think to design sets (black and white) would be enough.

dbm

Savage!
<geek>
From an ergonomic ('human factors' in US speak) perspective, a white background should be easier to read for most people as there is more light actually reaching your eyes.

From an 'environmental' perspective an LCD display actually takes most energy to display black and least to show white (as all the pixels are illuminated all the time and just blanked out when not needed - which uses more power).
</geek>

I voted white, for the stealth factor. And black is so 90's.

Cheers
Dan

Xeveninti

First Post
White text on black background is hard on the eyes. It's not very good web page design. Amateurs think it looks cool but it isn't. Far from it.

If you guys feel you must go with the white-on-black, at least allow for the option of having different skins for the rest of us who want to retain the use of our eyes in future years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads