• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Blink Strike + Hammerfall Step = 7 squares of Teleport?

lkjopajdowma

Explorer
This question came up in a game the other night. I have a wizard with the Arcane Wayfarer PP, and one of the abilities is Blink Strike (on a critical hit, you teleport the target 4 squares). The 11th level encounter power Hammerfall Step teleports targets 3 squares on a hit.

Do these stack? If I hit a target with a critical hit on Hammerfall Step (or any other power that teleports), do I get to teleport the target an extra 4 squares, or is it a situation where only the highest number applies?

This question came up in a game the other night. I have a wizard with the Arcane Wayfarer PP, and one of the abilities is Blink Strike (on a critical hit, you teleport the target 4 squares). The 11th level encounter power Hammerfall Step teleports targets 3 squares on a hit.

Do these stack? If I hit a target with a critical hit on Hammerfall Step (or any other power that teleports), do I get to teleport the target an extra 4 squares, or is it a situation where only the highest number applies?
I don't think you will find any rules that say these two don't apply both, but they don't necessarily "stack". You don't teleport 7 squares, you teleport 4 squares and you teleport 3 squares. Depending on specifics, this might be great (maybe you have a power or feat that lets you do something special each time you teleport), or bad (your really would want to teleport over that 7 square wide chasm.).

Tai

First Post
If you teleport them twice, they'd need to make two saves to avoid being dropped off a cliff, too (assuming you're onboard with the save vs. teleport thing).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads