D&D 5E Blue Dragon Alcoholic?

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
When your blue dragon tries to breathe lightning with alcohol on his breath, just stand back a ways, folks, and watch the fireworks!

If he is a mean drunk, the other dragons will stay away.
If he gets all dumb, they might try to take advantage of the opportunity. (Why does my hoard shrink whenever I have a nightcapper?)

delphonso

Explorer
I think - if you're a drinker - that we've all met that type of drinker who just wants everyone around them to be plastered. Super friendly and social while drunk, and just whipping free drinks to everyone. But, a bit pushy with them, disregarding the Designated Driver with "Ah, just one won't hurt you!"

I'd love to see a dragon act this way - especially if other dragons interact and can't handle their hooch like ol' Blue.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Research the kinds and amounts of things Andre The Giant had to drink in order to get drunk. After that, you'll see that for a 20,000 pound dragon in dragon form? You're probably talking dozens of barrels of whiskey at a minimum. ;)

Zardnaar

Legend
Research the kinds and amounts of things Andre The Giant had to drink in order to get drunk. After that, you'll see that for a 20,000 pound dragon in dragon form? You're probably talking dozens of barrels of whiskey at a minimum. ;)

Yeah I know about his 100 beer limit. I've seen normal drinkers knock back 30-50 beers though.

One ex drinker I've met does two 24 packs for a heavy nights drinking, one 24 pack for a quiet one.

I think - if you're a drinker - that we've all met that type of drinker who just wants everyone around them to be plastered. Super friendly and social while drunk, and just whipping free drinks to everyone. But, a bit pushy with them, disregarding the Designated Driver with "Ah, just one won't hurt you!"

I'd love to see a dragon act this way - especially if other dragons interact and can't handle their hooch like ol' Blue.

"For the last time Blue, I CAN'T get drunk. I'm immune to poisons!" - Greenie the unhappy tyrant of Oakwood Forest.

Zardnaar

Legend
Well they paid the dragon tribute if all the booze they had, gave the PC advantage on persuasion checks. Dragon was reasonably friendly once they agreed to deliver more ale.

The Aasimar druid (18 charisma) nailed a performance check to entertain the Dragon as well so they now have permission to enter the dragons territory.

They'll be level 7 soon so they're tip toeing around the competing siblings, ones a bit nicer to deal with.

Remove ads