• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Body piercing magic items

Matthias

Explorer
What body slot should they occupy? They can be a permanent or semi-permanent magic item, but there are no ear, nose, or tongue body slots. It would seem odd to lump them all within the 'ring' item class if they are not ring-like in shape, and behave more like wondrous items. If a culture prizes piercings as a mark of social status, or if they define it as a a symbol of belonging to a specific profession, it would naturally evolve magic-item forms of such jewelry.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Tattoos aren't the same as body piercings, but regarding tattoo magic in Rite Publishing's Kaidan setting some tattoos fill specific body slots, however some tattoos are not slotted, those tattoos work like wondrous items but cost double to create for being non slotted. Do the same for body piercings.

slobster

Hero
Have any piercing on your head or face take up the head slot. Eyebrow piercings could take up the eye slot. A belly piercing could take up the body or belt slot. Other piercings in more unusual places occupy the slot closest to their position.

Also agreed on doubling the price to make them slotless.

They could also function in place of rings. Not just for the cheeky "it's an earring" line but as small magical tokens that have to be worn. There's a narrative overlap.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
suggestions:

as has been said, ears could be head slot

eyebrow for the eyes

my thought is that some piercings could be unique home brew items:

mouth / lip ring could be an item that makes a tougher dc for enchantment spells for smooth talking casters

nose ring could be a + to save vs inhaled poisons or to extend underwater breathing

ear ring could enhance hearing based perception

nipple rings could be a charisma boost. requires to be visible. A great boon for un armored such as scorcerers/esses

belly button as said would be belts, thoungh on me personally, I have none. i was hatched [truth: surgically removed-life saving procedure, not cosmetic!] I would not get a ring there.

as for 'other' as lwaxy brings up, a cursed item: changes genitalia to opposite gender, just not the rest of the body. caused by the ACTUAL item meant to change gender or general appearance as a minor polymorph self spell.

I would not get a ring there either, too risky.

BriarMonkey

First Post
I've forgone item slots and just use common sense, or DM ruling.

If someone wants a ring, fine. And an earring, fine. And a nose ring, fine. But if they want 50 earrings, um, no.

It makes things much simpler.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads