Book of Eldritch Might 2. new weapons and armor

Doesn't grace (+1 armor ability tthat removes the max dex cap on armor) seem a little powerful for a +1 enchanment considering that Nimbleness (from Magic of Faerun) only raises the max dex by +2 and its a +1 ability

I also think that his knockback ability should be called 'Lesser Knockback' seeing as how there is a more powerful one in Magic of Faerun as well.

Bow of the Gray Marches: how much would you guys rate an enchantment that allows you to get upto +10 str mod on a bow for damage?

The Vigor blade: Again the question is what would your rate this enchanment as a Plus. After it inflict 5 points of str damage in a day it can cast Bull's Strength on him that lasts for 3/hour (use able once day). Perhaps it has two enchantments, the ability damage per strike and the after effect of being able to cast a spell on you once per day.

Tentacle Shield: again the question is as above what plus would you consider its ability?

The Helm of Alcrity: would you allow this enchanment to be applied to normal armor or possibly a weapon and if so at what cost

The Unholy Riven: Doesn't this thing seem like it should be a template instead of a creature? Personally i think it should have been a template. Also at cr13 with its complete immunity to magic? Don't you think its cr should be somewhat higher?

Other than these small things i think its a great book.

kreynolds

First Post
Out of respect for Monte Cook I would suggest asking him. He created it after all. Besides, a lot of people thought, and some still do, that his Eldritch feats were too powerful.

zorlag

First Post
zorlag

Now remember that Monte only balances this stuff so that if you are using the base books and psionics handbook. He doesn't include optional supplements like forgotten realms handbook and magic of faerun when he's adding things together...This might explain why everyone perceives Eldrich feats powerful. Definitely Greater Spell Focus + Lace Spell (Holy) is a potent combination. But the real problem is that when all these sources are combined, you end up with unbalanced spell DC's - actually even just with Archmage + Red Wizard or Archmage + Shadow Mage combination creates unbalanced spell difficulty...

Z.

Remove ads