• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Books that proved worth the money spent

FalcWP

Explorer
Amusingly enough, the DMG is way up there on my list... since I never expected to be DMing when I picked it up. Ditto for MM1.

DMG II ended up being even more useful than I expected.

Oh. And the Eberron Campaign Setting. Picked it up 'cause it looked sort of interesting... now its my favorite setting.

Jhaelen

First Post
Another vote for the MIC: I get a lot more use out of it than I initially expected. It quickly replaced my homebrew method of generating random magic items.

I'd also like to mention Weapons of Legacy. Although the mechanics are best ignored, I have incorporated several slightly modified versions of the example items into my campaign with great success and created a new one from scratch.
One of them even became a major focus for the campaign for a couple of adventures.

All in all I got more use out of it than from all of the Complete series.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
In retrospect, I guess I should nominate the DMG II as it contains a ton of useful information for running socially productive games that DMs who think they know it all (and who don't) could greatly benefit from. Also, the mini-setting of Saltmarsh is a nice inclusion that I anticipate getting much use out of.

Remove ads