• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BOOM! Aah, it burns!

Xarlen

First Post
What are the rules for creatures with acidic or damaging blood/whatevers?

I know that whenever you attack them with a piercing or slashing weapon, anyone in 5' is effected. But are there any hard and fast rules?

Are they just hit? Do they get a reflex save?

Crothian

First Post
Under the creatures that have this ability it should say. I can't recall any off the top of my head, but I think they do include reflex saves.

Xarlen

First Post
The reason I ask is because I'm trying to create a monster that's a cross between a Praying Mantis and an Alien (From aliens), so it's going to have acidic blood.

And then I need to figure the mechanic for it rupturing upon death...

Crothian

First Post
I'd suggest lookingthrough monster books till you find a monster with this ability and see if you can determine how they do it.

Cool sounding creature by the way.

Xarlen

First Post
Yep, they're fiendish creatures from the lower planes. I'll use Two of them with a Drider as their 'herder'.

These things are nasty. A spit attack like a Tanglefootbag, Improved Grab and sqeeze (Ala praying mantis), Acidic Blood, and Rupture. And reach.

Remove ads