• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Boots of Spider Climbing

Stogoe

First Post
Then the Boots of Spider Climbing name would be freed up for something that actually let a character stick to a wall like a spider.
But they do let you climb like a spider. Once per day, when it's narratively awesome for you to do so, but they do.

I'm glad that Magic no longer trumps Skill in D&D. If your Wizard wants to cling to the walls all day long, he can spend the feat to get the most out of his spider climbing.

balard

Explorer
I sugest two easy options:

1-who uses the boots never fall when they fail a climb check. The worst you got is stand still hanging(by your feet, with is hilarious =] )

2-make the daily a whole encounter instead of one round, this way you can go all 'spidey' in a combat or a skill challenge. Maybe you must spend a surge to get this effect.

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
I don't buy the whole a flat '+' would be too powerful. I mean there are Level 2 boots that grant +1 to ALL Acrobatics checks right? This item should help Atheletics 'when climbing'. A boost to one part of the skill.

Thanks to everyone that has offered some options. I totally agree these should be renamed Boots of Swift Climbing. I think I will go with others' ideas for boots that make you better at climbing, inc a + to climb, possibly a reroll on a fall (sounds more secure...and spidery). Some good ideas there. )And yeah, I was off about boots giving training - that was just for this particular case to help the Wizard, but I don't wat to set that precendent either ;)).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads