Bow & Blade? Splatbooks return in 2004?

drnuncheon

Explorer
7thlvlDM said:
Bow & Blade is a Green Ronin d20 book, not a Wizards of the Coast book. Green Ronin has been doing race books for a while.

www.greenronin.com

Huh. I thought that Paradigm was doing the elf book for their Interlink line with GR. I guess the Arcanis elves are pretty different from standard D&D elves, though.

J

Ron

Explorer
Gentlemen, Wizards of the Coast wants our money.

You couldn't really expect that they would stop releasing a revised edition of the core book? Nothing couldn't be more natural than following it with a revised edition of the splatbooks. Quite frankly, the splatbooks are in more need of a revision than the core books, so more power to them.

Zappo

Explorer
Kobold Curry Chef said:
According to the blurb on the EN front page, it sure sounds like a splatbook--feats, prestige classes, etc. etc.
Generally, with splatbooks we mean a *book... classbook, racebook. Not necessarily something that's full of crunch. It's a book that is only useful for a particolar (insert a subset of the set of characters here). The Complete Warrior promises to be generically useful, so it's not a splatbook.

Angcuru

First Post
Bow and Blade, eh? Sounds like a big book of fighting syles and weapons exclusive to elves..........AWESOME! AHAHAHAH!!!! GIMME GIMME GIMME NOW!!!:D

Jesse Decker

First Post
Bow & Blade = Green Ronin

As several folks have already pointed out, Chris Thomasson and I are going to write Bow & Blade for Green Ronin. It's not a Wizards product.

7thlvlDM

Explorer
Jesse,

While you're here, might I add that bows and blades have no more to do with elves than they have to do with humans, or anything else! :)

-7th

Angcuru

First Post
elves are synonymous with bows and blades, in the same way that dwarves are synonymous with axes and hammers, and kobolds are synonymous with the slaying of LVL 1 wizards.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
hong said:

I'll second that.

Amen to that, mon ami! Sword and Fist was just awful. (I can't believe I bought that book.)

So what, do you all think, will come after the Complete Warrior? After all, it sounds like the Complete Warrior is going to lean heavily to the fighting core classes, regardless of it being for all class types.

Complete Spellcaster (?)

or maybe

Complete Arcana

and/or

Complete Faith

and of course I want

Complete Thief

where a 'thief' can be from any class.

Remove ads