• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Boxing Charakter - What Feats?

Morik

First Post
Hello,

I'm just creating an NPC Hunter of the Dead (he is a Cleric/Hunter of the Dead 6/1) in the name of 'The Morninglord'.

He's name is Rocky Montana (why not?) and I would like to make him some kind of a very good Adventurer with a love for Boxing.

My question is:
How can I make a verry good boxer out of him (what feats/skills I should use best). His weapon of choice are furthermore Heavy Mace and the Musket.

His domains are Nobility and Sun.

He is lawfull good

Any ideas?

Geoff Watson

First Post
Take Improved Unarmed Strike, and either Power Attack (offensive) or Expertise (defensive). Stunning Attack may be good to get later.

Taking a Monk level for better unarmed damage may be a good idea (or convince your DM to allow the IUS feat to improve the unarmed damage; it does cost a feat, and unarmed attacks aren't that great, after all).

Geoff.

Sodalis

First Post
how about one lvl of monk for unarm strike and good saves. It doesnt really matter that you cant be a monk anymore

but cleric saves are good too- and the spells for improving unarm damage is good.

Or you can go monk/druid. the druid can give enhancement to natural weapons....

and finally- monk/barbarian. you went from law to chaos- and so cannot gain anymore lvl in monk- but who cares. the barb rage will make you a force to reckon with. The improved saves in rage is good- wespecially with the monk high saves already- and the wrecklessness will scare others from entering the rink with you... if you want to take it a step farther-

you can give him PrC- fist of Hextor for str boost or berserk fro more powerful rage...

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Unarmed strike, toughness, dodge, endurance, lightning relexes, maybe initiative too (ie comes out fighting)

Torque

First Post
Depending on how accomodating your DM is, you might also see if you can use some of the unarmed combat feats from spycraft.

Morik

First Post
Thank you all for your great help!

Torque said:
Depending on how accomodating your DM is, you might also see if you can use some of the unarmed combat feats from spycraft.

Thank you all for your help! Wonderful ideas here for me to dig in and make my character a boxing whirlwind.

I think I will take a monk level and then the hell with it...

Torque:
The unarmed combat feats you mentioned in spycraft did capture my interest. Unfortunatly I didn't own a single source of spycraft.

I will have a look in my local gameshop today. I have to support that one from time to time anyway :D

Remove ads