Brainstorming a “Kitchen Sink“ Sci-Fi campaign

Leto II really isn't even amoral - he's got a goal of breaking humanity free from the potential for tyranny by the BG and/or Guild via prescience. And he's realized he and his relatives are wildcards invisible to prescience.
His "Golden Path" is very moral, given the goal, and he sticks to that path to save humanity from Spice, and Spice from Humanity. Siona manages to complete the later goal by telepathic rapport with the new breed worm. WHich said new breed is result of Leto II merging with the worms. We see worms being spread. And we see Atreides descendants being immune to prescience. And the new worms, as well...

... Prescience immune worms allows breaking the Arrakis monopoly, a monopoly which the guild wants maintained so that the guild can maintain its monopoly on providing transport. A monopoly that is broken in Sandworms... between no-ships with atreides descendants, and with worms descended from Leto II, and the computed drives in those no-ships...
I haven't actually read the books, but my impression of the various plot summaries I've read was that getting there in the long term involved hurting massive numbers of people in the short- and medium-term

aramis erak

Legend
I haven't actually read the books, but my impression of the various plot summaries I've read was that getting there in the long term involved hurting massive numbers of people in the short- and medium-term
That is, fundamentally, a misread. Leto is best described as a "benevolent tyrant." Paul, however, gives in to his own prescience and creates the Jihad of the Fish-Speakers.
Leto is willing to kill those whose deaths serve a purpose for society, but he's motivated to free humanity from the curse of prescience. There's also the issue that he ceases to be human... in a literal sense.

Remove ads