Brainstorming Beautiful "Orcs" and "Goblins"

Loonook

First Post
Of couse it has. But has it been done in D&D? And has it been done by a race filling a similar niche? Beautiful evil people who like in caves and believe in survival of the fittest is almost a perfect description of the one race of beautiful evil people we already have: the drow.

I never said they live in caves... But alright. My description spoke of a labyrinth beneath their city centers where they send their 'children' to battle for a year, only then pulling their newly forged 'adults' up to teach them the world based on their skills.

Which is pretty much a new idea unless you take the story of Thesseus and throw in Battle Royale. What I'm trying to state is that you are not really creating a race but a culture.

Also, creatures that produce horrors exist all throughout early D&D... There actually used to be a master spawner creature that did what your race is doing. And I've seen setting with Lilith or the Lilim as parts of their setting. The reason it isn't really in published materials because it is squicky and unnecessary.

Slainte,

-Loonook.

Remove ads