Break my game: Indestructible sword at level 1

Herobizkit

Adventurer
This is probably too late in the thread, but:

a) Who sunders anything, given the odd chance that whatever is being sundered is magical...

b) The bearer of the indestructible sword can be defeated by a simple disarm maneuver.

Janx

Hero
This is probably too late in the thread, but:

a) Who sunders anything, given the odd chance that whatever is being sundered is magical...

b) The bearer of the indestructible sword can be defeated by a simple disarm maneuver.

a) Forsakers prestige class, who hate magic items and get more powerful for destroying them

b) monkey grip feat

Styxs

First Post
I don't see anything wrong with it as long as the stats or damage on it aren't over powering. Maybe even below average since it is indestructible

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
As someone in another thread hinted at, this sword would make a great phylactery for a lich. In fact, when found, it might already be one.
Yeah, I saw [MENTION=51930]fireinthedust[/MENTION] mention it, but it didn't occur to me to connect the two.

Hmm. I wouldn't even need to change a thing. One of the bad guys is already a lich. And he'd want it back REAL bad. It's something to consider. :cool:

Heathen72

Explorer
Yeah, I saw [MENTION=51930]fireinthedust[/MENTION] mention it, but it didn't occur to me to connect the two.

Hmm. I wouldn't even need to change a thing. One of the bad guys is already a lich. And he'd want it back REAL bad. It's something to consider. :cool:

Which asks the question, how do you destroy an indestructible sword?

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Which asks the question, how do you destroy an indestructible sword?
There could be a way to remove the soul without needing to destroy the sword. A ritual, or a special shrine, or maybe taking the sword back to whoever made it in the first place.

Janx

Hero
Indestructible toothpick?

if you've ever had a toothpick break before you get the meat out, it's annoying. The giants would love to get their hands on this thing.

And since the giants would then stop ripping out pine trees to use as toothpicks, the pine forests would grow out of control, causing them to take over the world.

Remove ads