Broken CD & Warcraft III

All of a sudden, my Warcraft III CD won't play. Any suggestions on a "cleaning kit" to attempt a raise dead on it?

Also, will the new expansion play without the original CD? At least I'd be able to play the new stuff without buying the original game again if I can't get the main CD fixed....

TIA

Cloudgatherer

First Post
Make sure the CD is clean, then try it in another machine. This way you can tell if it is really the CD or the drive.

The expansion requires the expansion CD to play. If you want to play the original, then you need to have the original CD in the drive. So whatever version of the game you want, that's what CD needs to be in your drive.

Later.

gariig

First Post
Don't quote me if these work, but Gamestop and other game places have those fix a CD machines. You can buy one for $30 or use theirs(at least our local one does) for like 1-2. Worth a shot.

Gariig

Welverin

First Post
Make sure that it's not just dirty first, if it is a scratch the Game Doctor worked well for me. I had a nasty scratch in my copy of Tekken Tag that prevented me from even playing the game, after running it through the GD it works fine. I used it to fix some audio cds as well, the only thing it didn’t work on was a Dreamcast game (it went from not allowing me to start a game to not working at all, the only time it didn’t improve things).

Also meant to say if that doesn't work email/call Blizzard they may be willing to replace the cd for less then it would cost to buy a new copy of the game at least.

Last edited:

Remove ads