• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bruce Campbell

Jamdin

Explorer
Maybe it's me but most of Sci-Fi Channel's "original" movies seem big on action & small on the science fiction. Other than this movie having Bruce Campbell, I really don't seem interested in it (especially after they canned Farscape).

Acmite

First Post
Like mentioned above, I'm not in the mood to support Sci-Fi in any way, shape, or form after what they did with Farscape.

That's despite the fact that I'm a huge Bruce Campbell fan, and Chase is ever so pretty....but so is/was Claudia Black/Aeryn Sun!

I hate the Sci-Fi Channel!

Last edited:

Chun-tzu

First Post
Acmite said:
I hate the Sci-Fi Channel!

Space: The Imagination Station (Canada's answer to the Sci-Fi Channel) is SOOO much better anyway. You get the Star Trek series, Babylon 5, Angel, and all sorts of the stuff you think about when you think science fiction. Sci-Fi channel has none of these (although, to their credit, at least they have supported some original programming, in a half-assed kind of way).

I'd trade the Sci-Fi Channel for Space anytime.

Crothian

First Post
Chun-tzu said:

Space: The Imagination Station (Canada's answer to the Sci-Fi Channel) is SOOO much better anyway. You get the Star Trek series, Babylon 5, Angel, and all sorts of the stuff you think about when you think science fiction. Sci-Fi channel has none of these (although, to their credit, at least they have supported some original programming, in a half-assed kind of way).

I'd trade the Sci-Fi Channel for Space anytime.

Except Sci fi does have Bab 5 and Star Trek. But you are right about Angel, they don't have that.

Chun-tzu

First Post
Crothian said:

Except Sci fi does have Bab 5 and Star Trek. But you are right about Angel, they don't have that.

Oops. I meant the newer Star Trek series (pl.), like Deep Space 9 and Voyager.

Edit - and Enterprise.

Last edited:

Holy Bovine

First Post
...and Space hasn't had B5 for almost 2 years now. And still hasn't run the (short-lived) Babylon : Crusade series :(

Oh well, at least Season One of B5 coming out on DVD soon (Novemeber I think) if sales are good enough they will bring the rest out in short order. Then I can get rid of my VHS tape collection of seasons 1-5 of B5 :D

Too bad about Farscape - I was never a fan but I can certainly sympathize with a favoured show being cancelled because of 'suits' (that and Sci-Fi lame-assed excuse that they were going 'away' from science fiction oriented shows just boogles the mind)

SoulStorm

First Post
I watched terminal invasion after taping it. Too bad they didn't have any virtual barf bags. It was like watching an accident. It was horrific but somehow I couldn't turn the VCR off. I believe if I hadn't taped it, I wouldn't have made it through a single commercial without changing the station. I'm a huge Bruce Campbell van too.

Remove ads