Buffy RPG - A Hellmouth in Waterloo - The Bone Collector S1E1

Cor Azer

First Post
EXT. DAY - OUTSIDE ALLEY

TV reporter Cindy Druthers is woman-on-the-street interviewing Gavin. Other reporters are still craning to peek inside the alley.

CINDY
(taken aback)
I'm sorry; I just assumed... Well keep young man, two - maybe three - blocks from campus, seemed likely you were a student.
(turns to her camera man)
We'll this cut in editing...
(as if realizing she was asked another question, turns back to Gavin)
Wait? You haven't heard about the earlier attacks? The robbery at the Sunoco last week also had a dismembered body, and one of the waitresses at the Gasworks Club had her leg amputated before her attacker ran off...
(beat)
Your head must really be in your schoolwork if you didn't hear about those...​

TRACK left to neighboring alley. There stands Juno, overhearing Cindy's explanation to Gavin.

CUT TO:​

INT. DAY - WATERLOO CAMPUS CAFETERIA

Steven and Sandra sitting at one of the tables in the student center atrium, the beginnings of their meals being eaten.

SANDRA
(smiling shyly)
So, how'd you break your nose... if... if you don't mind me asking? It's gives you a sort of rugged, take-what-the-world-throws-at-you look.​

She idly lifts her hand to her neck as if to fidget with something, but she finds nothing and for a moment, fearfully looks down.

SANDRA
(flustered)
I'm sorry... My chain must have broken...​

She peeks quickly through her purse, her brow furrowed.

SANDRA
(earnestly)
I'm really sorry... please don't think I'm blowing you off.​

She scribbles a number on a napkin. Then stands to leave

SANDRA
(apologetically)
Please... call me, maybe before your next run? The chain was my grandmother's, and I need to go look for it.​

CUT TO:​

EXT. DAY - UNIVERSITY AVENUE OUTSIDE ALLEY

Rory slows his motorcycle, as police officers stop traffic to detour it around the crime scene. As Rory stops, he sees a Jaguar park halfway down the block on the other side of the crime scene, and two gentlemen get out. Recognition hits him as he recalls Rechard Butler and Ress Dafydd.

DrZombie

First Post
[sideshot, Steven reaches out for napkin; Close-up : hands touching accidentally; zoom-out]

"I can come help you look for it. Some things have other value then money." he says earnestly as he grabs his sweater and gets up.
"I'll tell you how I broke my nose while we search for it. I'll even let you choose between the five different stories"

jkason

First Post
Gavin blushes. "Well kept? Really? I mean, I think the shirt flatters me, but I really didn't spend a lot of time this morning ... um ... " he trails off as he realizes the reporter's moved on, and recognizes the implications of her information.

"Well, pre-med's a pretty intensive program," he hedges as she wonders about his ignorance. "But ... the Gasworks Club waitress wasn't ... did that poor woman survive?" He seems to have forgotten there's a camera in his face as the details the reporter gives him catch his attention.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Dafydd retrieves the compact disc from its player and places it gently into its case which he drops into his laptop bag. He locks his car remotely after he and Rechard get out. "I, uh, hope the music wasn't too loud. I find that a good jam of Highway to Hell really helps get the blood moving during these types of things. And, uh, I realize the irony in all that, so no need to mention it."

He walks over to the crime scene with a bit of a spring in his step and approaches as close as he can to the police tape. He tries to get a good look of the alley to see what he can.
OOC: Perception + Notice to examine the crime scene?

Shayuri

First Post
Juno lingers behind the reporter, rather interested in the answer about the waitress herself. After all, if she survived, she might have seen what attacked her. If it was a creepy-crawly, the police would be quick to dismiss it, but she'd know better.

She mouths to Gavin, her name, trying to overdo the movements so he could read her lips.

Systole

First Post
Rechard nonchalantly walks up to police line and ducks under. Immediately challenged by a policeman, he answers in a bored tone, "We're here with the township's Unusual Investigations Department, on directed orders from the Chief Inspector. What do you know about the murder weapon and victims?"

He gestures at Rees. "Constable David, do have a look, would you?"

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Dafydd

Dafydd flinches at the mispronunciation of his name more than anything.
OOC: Edit: And yeah, there is totally no way Dafydd would understand what Rechard is doing right now. He would totally fail any kind of "sense deception" check. You'd better hope you get away with it before Dafydd catches on and tries to follow up with his own bluff check. ;)

Last edited:

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Rory cocks an eyebrow as he recognizes the pair. What's this, then? he ponders. He whirls the bike around, weaving through traffic to do so. Guess I'm not late for class after all.

Rory parks his bike up behind the Jaguar, then slowly approaches the pair. He notes that they are talking to a policeman. Rather than blunder into the discussion, he strains his ears, trying to hear what's going on.

jkason

First Post
Juno lingers behind the reporter, rather interested in the answer about the waitress herself. After all, if she survived, she might have seen what attacked her. If it was a creepy-crawly, the police would be quick to dismiss it, but she'd know better.

She mouths to Gavin, her name, trying to overdo the movements so he could read her lips.

Gavin tries not to start when he catches sight of the Slayer from the lecture hall in the corner of his eye. Of course she's here, idiot. This kind of thing is her job. Along with killing the kind of thing that gave birth to you. Don't screw this up.

He waits nervously for the reporter to respond, nodding imperceptibly to the Slayer's prompt for a followup question.

Remove ads