Buffy RPG - A Hellmouth in Waterloo - The Bone Collector S1E1

Shayuri

First Post
"Actually," Juno said smugly...she loved it when she could correct the Old Guys..."There's another lead. One of this guy's attacks left a survivor. She won't be easy to get to, but if we can, then we have a witness."

DrZombie

First Post
Upon hearing the condescending words by the professor, Steven visibly tries to keep his temper under control. He walks forward and leans on the desk. He looks the professor in the face, and, underscored by the sounds of a desk near straining point growls:
You really think you can blackmail me into fighting deamons for some points in art history? Why don’t you offer me some glass beads and mirrors while you’re at it?” He snorts in disgust, turns his back on the prof and looks at Juno.” I might be able to trace her, but we’ll have to wait until the cops are gone. Don’t know if they left much traces after rummaging through everything, though.”

He looks around at the rest, then says. “And I do think introductions are in order. What on earth is this? A bad rerun of the goonies?”

Shayuri

First Post
"No, I meant a survivor from a different attack," Juno corrected again. This was clearly an 'on' day for her. "She lost her legs, but survived. Her family's rich and they covered it up a bit...including where she is."

"If there was a survivor from last night too though, that'd be great if you can find him. We should swing back by later on."

"As for introductions...I'm Juno." She held out a hand. "Juno Reyes. Freshman. No major yet. Interests include track, field, soccer and jamming sharp pointy things into the chests of vampires."

With a quick glance at Daffyd she added unrepentantly, "I can tell him that, right? Since he got invited to the Goonies meeting and all?"

Systole

First Post
Upon hearing the condescending words by the professor, Steven visibly tries to keep his temper under control. He walks forward and leans on the desk. He looks the professor in the face, and, underscored by the sounds of a desk near straining point growls:
You really think you can blackmail me into fighting deamons for some points in art history? Why don’t you offer me some glass beads and mirrors while you’re at it?” He snorts in disgust, turns his back on the prof and looks at Juno.

For the first time Rechard's mask of indifference drops a bit. "Mr. Moon, I am attempting to blackmail you into no such thing. You have talent; you may wish to use it for a purpose beyond playing fetch. But if you find that game to be preferable, do not let us keep you. As for offering you beads..."

He stands up, and his eyes harden. "I walked and lived with the Aztec for three lifetimes, doing what I could as smallpox and the Spanish destroyed their empire. I saw Tenochtitlan in its glory, and Texcoco, and Tlacopan. I heard the priests of Quetzalcoatl sing the Chimalpopoca from the tops of the pyramids to meet the dawn. I am a student of the telpochcalli and the calmecac. You will not speak to me as if I were a conquistador." He spits the last word with a pure, unmistakable hatred.

He stops abruptly, suddenly aware that he may have said too much, and the mask slides back into place. He sits back down quietly. "But perhaps I could teach you tlachtli ... ah, now there was a game."

Cor Azer

First Post
Heightened senses 'smell' even in human form. Can Steven smell that Gavin is a half-demon, that the prof drinks demon blood, or that there's a half-fae in the room?

OOC: No, no auto demon sense with the sniffer; if only because you've never (to your knowledge anyway) encountered fae or pain-eating demons before from which to remember a scent of. Rechard and Juno wouldn't have any particular differences to their smells (at least, not from demon-blood-eating and Slayerness).

With a quick glance at Daffyd she added unrepentantly, "I can tell him that, right? Since he got invited to the Goonies meeting and all?"

He looks around at the rest, then says. “And I do think introductions are in order. What on earth is this? A bad rerun of the goonies?”

OOC: Great, now the big bad has to have a lacky named Sloth...

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Dafydd

With a quick glance at Dafydd she added unrepentantly, "I can tell him that, right? Since he got invited to the Goonies meeting and all?"
Dafydd sighs and adjusts his glasses. "Well, I guess it does no good asking after the cat is out of the proverbial bag. But in the future Ms. Reyes, I would ask that you relegate your talk of slayer-related activities to those who are on a need-to-know basis."

He goes back to examining his notes. "This doesn't make any sense at all. We're going to need more information. This necklace you found," he says, addressing Juno, "you said you found it on a rooftop or something nearby? What else do we know of it?"

Shayuri

First Post
Juno rolled her eyes, but doesn't press the cat-bag issue.

"It's made of silver," she deadpans. "The roof was burned underneath it. It was hanging off of a...like a pipe or something. Vent. I dunno. There was a metal thing on the roof it was hanging off of. I'm no expert, but it looks Catholic to me. Like one of those bead things you fiddle with when you pray? Like a rosary. Only metal."

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Rory snorts at the mention of the Goonies. "If we're the Goonies, I suppose that'd make you... who? Chunk? Or Sloth?"

He holds his palms up in surrender. "Before ye fly off the handle, there, I'm just yanking yer chain. No need to get all surly. Name's Rory Shanahan, lead singer o' Primal. Ye may have seen me at the campus pub. As for you, well... ye're a hard fecker to miss."

To Juno, Rory asks, "A rosary, ye say?"
Rory's eyebrow arched quizzically. "Ye mind if I give it a look-see, luv? I did some time with the Catholics."

OOC: Rory examines the beads as best he can. If I'm guessing right, I roll 1d10 and add my total... what... Intelligence or Perception + Knowledge?

The result would be Perception 3 + Know Religion 2, or Intelligence 4 + K.R. 2 if I was supposed to use that.

Last edited:

Cor Azer

First Post
INT. DAY - RECHARD'S STUDIO

Rory is examining the silver rosary cross Juno found. He pays particular attention to the detailed work - the engravings seem to trigger a memory.

RORY
Now this here - this is a symbol o' St. Hubert. Saint o' hunters, mathematicians, and the fella to invoke to cure rabies and - if the tales be true - lycanthropy...​

CLOSE: THE ROSARY

Rory's handling of the rosary causes a piece to pop open.

ANGLE: RORY LOOKING AT ROSARY

A small vial is visible within the popped-open rosary. To Rory's fae-touched eyes, it glows faintly of magic.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
"Plus," Rory adds, "He makes some damn fine chicken."

Rory blinks a few times as the rosary cross pops open. "I'm not quite sure what this is, boyos, but I'll tell ya this for sure - it's got magic in it."

After a pause, "I've got the Sight. It's what I do."

OOC: I'm guessing I or the Prof need aid of a library in order to guess at what this is?

Remove ads