• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Building A Game??? Pt I

kibbitz

First Post
Well, to cut a long story short, I've been in a rut for far too long. It's time to get those creative juices flowing again so I'm planning to do something whiach should tax my creative and technical skills. I'd like to try my hand at a D20-conversion, or perhaps build a simple PC RPG. I've tried doing stuff like this before (well,not a D20 conversion, more like a variant of THRASH) and I found myself quitting very often for various reasons. I'm going to try yet again, so I'd really appreciate it if you lovely people out there could help me deal wiath some problems I keep bumping into during the process. I'll stop rambling now and give you guys the questions now...

1) How do you handle burnout?
2) How do you name stuff in your games?
3)`For those of you who enjoy PC/console RPGs, how much transparency should there be with regards to mechanics? For example, if I was a developer for this particular PC/console RPG which you've been waiting for eagerly, do you need to know that a Garthian Claymored does exiactly XdY damage more than a Thrinn Venomblade?

TIA to all participants.

Remove ads