D&D 5E Building a Gnomish Dungeon

I want to brainstorm the idea of a high level dungeon created by a pair of mated Gnomes.

Her name is Nina Spark and she's a high level artificer Rock Gnome.

She's married to Basil Spark whose a high level illusionist Forest Gnome.

My inspiration is of course is Iron Man's Stark Tower for the conceptual model.

The tower is as much a showroom as well as a place of habitation, as the goal is to show off their wonderful toys and traps to potential buyers.

Stuff I have so far:
1. Most of it is built for human size, but most places have "escape tunnels" that are gnome sized if things go wrong.

2. In order to communicate in safety, paintings are put throughout the room that can generate a simple illusion and message so Nina and Basil can communicate in safety with the PCs.

3. Golem/Warforged are the default monsters, as are automated defenses and traps

4. a particular favorite is putting things at human height that spring like punji stakes allowing the short people to run away. Also using illusion on certain doors to make them appear at medium sized.

5. I need means to learn as much as possible so Basil can tailor his illusions as much as possible, so open to ideas on this one.

6. Nina and Basil have small exo-suits with boots of levitation and decanter of endless water attached to the back of jetpack that allow great mobility.

7. Trained/friendly squirrels and a series of tubes to send messages and to send to press buttons, pull leavers and so forth.

any other ideas and any suggestions for a public domain map that would work?

Remove ads