Bundles, Freebies, and Sales News (April 10, 2022)

Welcome to the Bundles, Freebies, and Sales News, a new weekly column at EN World to help make sure you don’t miss out on big tabletop RPG bundles, charity fundraisers, and sales from around the internet.

392439.jpg

Freebies and Pay What You Want

The Dungeonmasters Guild offering from Michael Junker Creatures of the Night: Player Character Options is a short volume offering rules and guides to allow players to take on the roles of vampires, werewolves, and other monsters that lurk in the dark.
  • Price: Pay What You Want (Suggested: $1.00)

Also on the DMG, a holiday-themed map with a Feywild theme, the Easter Bunny’s Hideout is a high-resolution map of the Easter Bunny's lair by Alexander Gruber designed for last year’s PWYW adventure Easter Eggs from the Feywild by Christoph Pfitzinger. The map has versions suitable for printing and for virtual tabletops, including one meant for use with dynamic lighting effects.
  • Price: Free

Over on DriveThruRPG, the title Simple 2 Story Mansion with Dungeon Map does a wonderful job summarizing this pack from MidKnight as it has a two-story mansion map with a hidden dungeon in the cellar. There are versions with and without a grid and with and without legends perfect for printing or use in a VTT.

If there’s one universal in tabletop roleplaying regardless of the game system, it is that the NPC the players are most interested in talking to will always be the one you did absolutely no prep for. Which is where 1d100 Sci-Fi NPCs by Terry Herc comes in. This system-neutral supplement provides tables with five columns – Name, Occupation, Secret, Need, and Demeanor – so you’re never taken off guard when the party wants to avoid the obvious NPCs.

dmg_DragonlanceBanner.png

Bundles and Sales

The Dungeonmasters Guild has a Dragonlance Spotlight this week with discounts on dozens of classic Dragonlance adventures and sourcebooks ranging from Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 1st Edition all the way through to the books produced under license by Margaret Weis Productions for Dungeons & Dragons 3.5.
  • Price: $2.97 to $11.99 (up to 40% off)
  • End Date: April 18, 2022

Storytellers Vault has a bundle for The Black Hand: Playing the Sabbat by Rachel E. Judd, Khaldoun Khelil, and Saskia Liddick to help you explore the darkest parts of the World of Darkness. The 141-page PDF has new Disciplines, loresheets, Tenets, predator types, Ritae, pack types, and everything else you need to run a Sabbat game in Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition including the all-important Safe Play section to ensure everyone at the table is comfortable with playing the monsters of the world of monsters. The bundle also includes a deck of Discipline cards ready for printing with two formats (white text on dark background and black text on white background).
  • Price: $19.99 (33% off)
  • End Date: May 1, 2022

The Fantastic Adventures Mega Bundle from Elven Tower features 25 adventures for 5e ranging from level 3 to level 10. Each one-shot stand-alone adventure comes complete with maps ready for printing and VTTs and the adventure itself comes in PDF, print-friendly black-and-white, and in EPUB format for e-readers.

Price: $33.95 (66% off)

unnamed.jpg

Charity Bundles and Sales

While April Fools was last week, there’s still a nice lore gag from Debra Leonard on the Storytellers Vault for fans of World of Darkness as we all know the story of Caine and Abel that was the origin of the Kindred, but what happened with the crops Caine offered for a sacrifice? Melons of Caine, Fruitlines from the Vault answers this question with the history of the fruitline of vampiric watermelons.
  • Price: Pay What You Want (Suggested: $2.00)
  • Charity: Humanitarian efforts in Ukraine (all profits)

EN Publishing’s Blessings, Healing, and Peace Bundle is available on IndieGoGo with six supplements for 5e. Between the six, you’ll get 11 new healing spells, 2 new monastic traditions of peace, 6 magical ceremonies of spring, 10 new ways to award inspiration, and 7 supernatural gifts.
  • Price: Minimum £1
  • End Date: April 14, 2022
  • Charity: Ukrainian Humanitarian Appeal (all proceeds)

Bundle of Holding has a collection from Sly Flourish aka Mike Shea featuring The Lazy Dungeon Master, Return of the Lazy DM, The Lazy DM’s Workbook, and Sly Flourish’s DM Tips. The books are full of advice, tools, and exercises to reduce the stress of running a game by focusing on improvisation and making the best use of prep time. The Level-Up option adds four more books including Fantastic Lairs – 23 Boss Battles, Fantastic Adventures, and Fantastic Locations to help speed along prep time with drop-in tools plus the 5e adventure Ruins of the Grendleroot.
  • Price: $5.96 (73% off) with variable cost Level-Up option
  • End Date: April 20, 2022
  • Charity: Direct Relief (10%)

Modiphius has two bundles for Conan: Adventures in an Age Undreamed Of. The Conan Essentials bundle features the core rules, Conan Gamemaster Toolkit, and Conan Map Pack plus a Level-Up option adding four more setting books and adventures. The Conan Careers book for players features books with more character options including Conan the Adventurer, Conan the Wanderer, and the artbook Art of Conan with a Level-Up option for Conan Exiles Sourcebook with options from the video game and four more character option books.
  • Price: $9.95 for each bundle (74-78% off) with variable cost Level-Up option
  • End Date: April 25, 2022
  • Charity: RollVsEvil

Cubicle 7’s Bundle of Holding offering features the steampunk RPG Victoriana using a unique d6 dice pool system. The Player’s Compendium level includes the Victoriana 3e Core Rulebook, Marvels of Science and Steampunk, Darwin’s Catalogue – Beastmen of Britain, and Darwin’s Catalogue – The Outsiders. A Level-Up option is available which adds on an additional six sourcebooks and adventures.
  • Price: $12.95 (75% off) with variable cost Level-Up option
  • End Date: April 13, 2022
  • Charity: Children’s Health Foundation (10%)

Cubicle 7 has partnered with Humble Bundle for the Warhammer: Age of Sigmar: Soulbound Bundle with the base $1 tier of the three tiers getting you the Soulbound Starter Set plus a pair each of setting books and adventures and a 20% off coupon from the Cubicle 7 store for Age of Sigmar products. The top $18 tier has the full core rulebook, Bestiary, GM Screen, the Shadows in the Mist six-part campaign, and more
  • Price: $1/$10/$18 (91% off at the highest tier)
  • End Date: April 14, 2022
  • Charity: Children’s Health Ireland (user-defined, default 5%)

That’s all for this week! This is still an experiment so if you have any feedback, please leave a comment. If you know of any bundles or sales starting soon, please contact me on the EN World Discord or send me a message here on EN World. Discount percentages have been rounded to the nearest whole number and are based on the standard retail price provided by the site. Note: Links to Amazon, Humble Store, Humble Bundle, and/or DriveThru may contain affiliate links with the proceeds going to the author of this column.

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

Terry Herc

Explorer
If there’s one universal in tabletop roleplaying regardless of the game system, it is that the NPC the players are most interested in talking to will always be the one you did absolutely no prep for. Which is where 1d100 Sci-Fi NPCs by Terry Herc comes in. This system-neutral supplement provides tables with five columns – Name, Occupation, Secret, Need, and Demeanor – so you’re never taken off guard when the party wants to avoid the obvious NPCs.

Hey, I know that guy!

I'm working on some other system neutral stuff - more to come!

Abstruse

Legend
Hey, I know that guy!

I'm working on some other system neutral stuff - more to come!
Random charts like this are a godsend for people running games. I normally do this manually for every single NPC in a game (name, job, some personality trait) because I've been burned too many times by having to come up on the fly with a bunch of stuff about Timmy the Waiter in the tavern by players seemingly intentionally avoiding the red glowing arrow over the head of the mysterious man sitting in the corner I had a full paragraph of description about. Having a chart like this in my back pocket is a great tool for my Shadowrun games so I don't have the same problem.

Terry Herc

Explorer
Random charts like this are a godsend for people running games. I normally do this manually for every single NPC in a game (name, job, some personality trait) because I've been burned too many times by having to come up on the fly with a bunch of stuff about Timmy the Waiter in the tavern by players seemingly intentionally avoiding the red glowing arrow over the head of the mysterious man sitting in the corner I had a full paragraph of description about. Having a chart like this in my back pocket is a great tool for my Shadowrun games so I don't have the same problem.
Players seem to latch onto the weirdest things, right? All that prep for naught.

I try and make stuff that is great for the back pocket. This prints on a double sided sheet of paper and so when I need a new NPC I just roll and highlight a line. If you want to roll multiple times for each column that's great too!

aco175

Legend
What is the minimum percent of aid do people need to be called a charity? I can appreciate people doing something, because- hey, I did not set anything up myself, But I just feel it is off. I appreciate listing the amount to charity as well to let me see if I want to support a certain charity.

Weiley31

Legend
I'm just saying, if anybody has been curious about trying Age of Sigmar: Soulbound out or hasn't taken the plunge yet, the Humble Bundle deal is probably the BEST route to go. Your pretty much getting almost EVERYTHING within the current Age of Sigmar: Soulbound RPG product line except Champions of Death, Champions of Destruction, Artefacts of Powers, and any of the 2022 upcoming releases.

All for 18 bucks. That is straight up a steal. Okay, not as much as a steal like getting the Kingdom Hearts All in One package game collection for 20 bucks (which really is crazy the amount of gaming content you get if you're lucky to snag it on sale for 20 bucks+tax.)

The Victoriana 3E bundle is probably worth it for the GM/Lore stuff if your not going to be playing it. At least that can be used and what not for Victoriana 5E when it gets released.

Abstruse

Legend
What is the minimum percent of aid do people need to be called a charity? I can appreciate people doing something, because- hey, I did not set anything up myself, But I just feel it is off. I appreciate listing the amount to charity as well to let me see if I want to support a certain charity.
For the purposes of the column, a charity fundraiser has to donate at least some of the proceeds to charity, must state which charity will receive the money, and state how much of the sales will go to that charity. Even small donations can add up quickly, and so long as they're being transparent about where the money is going, people can judge for themselves how it will affect their decision to purchase it or not.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases