• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Buying magic items???? and what can they buy???

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Astlin said:

The book did not have prices for magic items, so he just was not going to allow us to buy and sell them. He eventualy relented and allowed us to sell and in limited way, buy items. It took him a long time to come around though (we where level 13 IIRC).

What book did not have prices?

Astlin

First Post
KaeYoss said:

What book did not have prices?

AD&D DMG (if I recall correctly). It has been a while, but whatever system we where playing at the time did not have prices in the DMG. I think (did I mention it has been a while?) that it had an XP value that you could compare to the XP reward for gold and figure out an price.

My DM was following the rules... the rules just sucked.

Astlin

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Ah, that would be the 2nd edition AD&D DMG. Very weird indeed. If you didn't use the Random treasure tables, you automatically came into a low magic world... I actually kind of liked that.

Rav

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Astlin said:

AD&D DMG (if I recall correctly). It has been a while, but whatever system we where playing at the time did not have prices in the DMG. I think (did I mention it has been a while?) that it had an XP value that you could compare to the XP reward for gold and figure out an price.

My DM was following the rules... the rules just sucked.

Rules that suck? Well, that's AD&D2e for you.

I don't know whether there were GP values in that, but with AD&D I'm ready to believe (almost) everything.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads